Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

I attended Michelle Lamb's morning class today (sorry to miss all of the afternoon Girls!!!)

Here are pix of Michelle demonstrating her Extreme Makeover Techniques:
In attendance right to left,
Collectors:
Charlotte, TTer Michelle McKune, TTer Lynn Hicks, Linda Irish, Toby, Sonya, Karen, Linda, and the lady on the end whose name I've forgotten!
Artists: Pattie Angel, Valerie Keeler, TTer Ginger Brame and Sue Van Natten

MLa.jpg

ML2.jpg

ML3.jpg

ML4.jpg

ML5.jpg

ML6.jpg

ML7.jpg

ML8.jpg

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Whee!  Awesome pics, Bobbie.  Where are YOU?  Hand that camera over to someone else at some point this weekend so we can see your lovely smiling face, too.

Say HI to Michelle for me if you think of it.  She's clearly keeping people's attention!

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

I attended this class last year and is was very informative but not nearly long enough. Would love a whole weekend with Michelle
Hugs
Gail

suburban Chicago

I agree - four hours whizzed by; we still ran overtime and she was only just getting to the Good Stuff!

I wish I'd thought to have someone take a pic of us TTers!! Nutz.....

Lynn Wisconsin

Thanks for the pictures Bobbie!  It was so much fun meeting you, Michelle, and Ginger, the time seemed to go by way to fast.  Michelle Lamb was so nice and just a wealth of information.  I wasn't able to stay for the show, so I can't wait to see pictures. 

Lynn

suburban Chicago

Well, Lynn! Of course I didn't recognize you.
You have no avatar pic, though I've looked long and hard at that hydrangea - wondering what variety it is and how you get it to grow so well in the sun??
Will I be having to move a few of mine......?.....

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Hmmm you know Bobbie  Steve and I came down to that class and we stood outside looking int through the windows.  I am assuming that the widows must have been mirrored on the other side.  Steve and I stood outside and made faces and waved at Michelle and pressed our faces up against the glass and no one even noticed.  I didn't see you in the class ,  Michelle gave us heck afterwards and told us we should have come in.  I told her it was about twenty to one and the morning class was still going on, we didn't want to interrupt the class as we knew she was running late and we only would have slowed the class down even more.  You all looked like you were working so hard and concentrating that we didn't want to break everyone's train of thought.

I agree though that she could have a full day class and still not cover all the tips and tricks she has.

big hugs

Shane

suburban Chicago

Awww NUTZ!!!! I wish you'd hung around a bit longer. We finished up about 1 though - it would've been a wait!

Michelle, is that when they were at the door? When you were smiling and looking right into the camera? I'm going to have to look at the time stamp on that pic!! I'd've left the room and at least given Stephen & you a TT hug, Shane!

S, if you saw Michelle McK, I was further down the table from her left side, at the corner. I was out of site from the doors.

bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Great pictures Bobby. I enjoyed seeing you again at Michelles class. I was glad to meet Lyn and Ginger too. Michelle gave a wonderful class. She gave a lot of information....

Stellajella Wien

Bobbie, thanx for posting these pix!
Maybe you´ve got pix of the outcome, because I wonder, what "extreme makeover" is all about... :)

Gaby bear_flower

suburban Chicago

LOL - tha's funny you should ask, Gaby! I was the Naughty Child that sat in a corner chair - - and Needle Felted a change of direction for the head & neck of a Polar Bear!!

I have no pix - unless you want to see my Polar.....

Lynn Wisconsin

I had the bear head I was working on in class completely taken apart, sculpting cut out, eyes out, and unstuffed, before we were out of the Chicago suburbs.  My husband looked at me like I was nuts, now I'm starting over and taking it slower.  Wish me luck!!

Lynn

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Thanks for your pics!

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Well Bobbie, if I had known you were in there I would have waited around for sure.  I thought everyone I knew was going to be in the afternoon class and we were going to come back down then but I fell asleep and by the time I woke up I was rushing around trying to get myself dressed and out the door to go for dinner.   It would have been great to have given you a TT Hug, it's been a long while since we have seen you.  The last time we saw you was when we were actually doing our very first Teddy Bear show. 

big hugs

Shane

suburban Chicago

I thought everyone I knew was going to be in the afternoon class

Ha!! I signed up late winter/early spring as soon as I saw ABC advertising it, so I was in the first class. No wait, it had been on TT then and by May it was a Topic again while everyone was wavering so I jumped then, afraid that Michelle would actually be 8 miles from me and I missed her. And of course, she DOES live in my favorite state!!!!

we were actually doing our very first Teddy Bear show.

REALLY??? You & S looked totally natural. But then you Canucks ARE naturally more laid-back than we rats-in-a-maze Yanks are.....

As to peering in the glass doors - Michelle sent a nice e today - you guys have been demoted! Wait I'll cut 'n paste:

I lurked on TT today and saw your post about the Bear Guys. I did see figures dimly through the tinted glass but I thought they were hotel workers doing something in next room and I didn't stare long enough to see who it was or what they were doing.
Then Steve later told me they were trying to say hi and I said they should've came in anyhow since they're always such a blast wherever they are. They really eased my stress and provided humor the year before when I did my first workshop ever and was a nervous wreck.
Comic relief is sometimes in order and I'd hire them if I could, plus the fact that they are good artists and could help out those who are beginners and make them feel at ease too.

Now, don't you feel good?

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Great photos Bobbie - thanks for sharing.
Danni

Board footer