Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

ladyjujuann Pearl Button Bears
Bournemouth

Hi all,
I have a big want to make an anami style bear, I have tried to make some with felt and I just cant get there... Im grumpy! I now have a head that I gave up as a bad idea, used the mohair on Seth and now I have stitched up the head for want of something to do I love him... but have not got enough mohair to make a body, so I though one of those smaller bodys and smaller limb style bear would be good, but try as i might Im stuck... can anyone offer a little advice before i am stuck with a head and nothing else.
bear_cry

ladyjujuann Pearl Button Bears
Bournemouth

Oh I know Boo had a smaller head than body but I think I still need some advice!  bear_whistle

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I don't know that I have any suggestions, Julie, but in the Challenge Gallery we have two categories . . . "Anime Golly Style" and "Anime".  Looking at all those creations might give you some ideas.  Good luck.

Kelly Blondheart
Colorado Springs, Colorado

My reccomendation is if you really want to make a chibi bear, is to study some anime art books and apply it to a bear.  Any time you're crossing one art style with another it's a good idea to know a little something about the other art style, it makes the fusion easier.

buttonbears BUTTONBEARS
Holland

The fun thing is that nothing is forbidden, so why not use other fabrics that match (or have a different pile lenght as well as a different colour!) and give it a go!
Remember your childhood drawings...there were no rules yet on how to make things, you just did them! Big heads, skinny legs, out of proportion feet, everything is possible! Enjoy the experiment!

Board footer