Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

I have been away from my computer since the Schaumburg show. A valve on our furnace broke so we haven't had any heat. Forutately it has been fairly warm (40 degrees at the coldest)  It has been too cold in my work room to sit and do anything. We are using a space heater our sun room.

Anyway....my husband (and I) were featured in the Milwaukee newspaper for a special Thanksgiving article.
I am adding a link: http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=679971
TTFN

Amy

PS. The part comes in for the furnace tomorrow

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Ooooh, now I'm drooling!!!  Congratulations on the article!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

My hubby's in charge of the cooking for Thanksgiving as well.  I can cook, and I'm actually quite good at it, but he revels in it.   bear_original

Brrrr....hope the furnace gets repaired for you quickly!!  :hug:

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Fantastic article Amy, I remember you telling us how much work was involved just trying to get everything ready for this article, but it looks like everything turned out just fine.  Those recipes look soooo good.

big hugs

Shane

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, yum! I know what I'm making for dessert this year!!!

Great article and fantastic pictures!

Hope you are back to being toasty warm tomorrow!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Whoa, Amy!  First of all, you and your husband are an adorable couple.  Second, I would DIE for your kitchen (even though I'm a very NOT confident chef.)  I loves me the stainless steel/black appliances, and the Viking-style ranges.  Ooh.  Beautiful kitchen!

I might just try that spicy rub recipe.  Sounds delish!

Congrats on the VERY cool coverage.  bear_flower

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Great article and photos Amy and the receipes sound great and I look forward to trying some of them.
Thanks for sharing.

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Thanks All,
It was lots of fun to do this article. I can highly recommend the Pumpkin Tiramisu & the Yams & Rutabaga. The Cilantro Dressing is one of Scott's best recipes too, but use 2 bunches of cilantro instead of one.

Thanks also for the complements on our kitchen. It was one of the things that sold us on our house.  It is 8 feet X 35 feet.  It has (I only know because we bought knobs) 39 doors, 19 drawers & 2 false fronts. We refinished all the cabinets & our friend (who is legally blind) built us new drawers & drawer fronts. We have our laundry at one end and it is still big enough for us both to cook in. I don't know if you can see it in the picture, but Scott tiled the wall behind the stove with some tiles we bought back from Mexico & some cobalt blue tiles.  We got a lotta love in that kitchen. Lots of sweat equity too.

Enjoy the recipes!
Amy

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Great article, Amy...and what a great husband to do the Thanksgiving cooking. I ditto Shelli on your kitchen. It's a dream kitchen. You lucky girl.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Great article, great kitchen, great recipes, and great couple!!  VERY nice, Amy! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Great article Amy! The recipes sound yummy and the food looks delicious! You are lucky to have a hubby that cooks.  I wish mine would just help with the dishes!  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

I hope your furnace is fixed soon! It can't stay above 40 for much longer in Milwaukee in November can it?

hugs,

Board footer