Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Stamford-Market-2-updated-.jpgStamford-Luxury-Market-updated-.jpgI would just like to share my  photos at the Stamford Luxury Market, I attended last month.
I had a wonderful day and sold some bears and met some lovely people and collectors and it was
a good way to promote the Bear Industry.
They are held on the last Sunday of the month, in a beautiful ballroom at the Stamford Plaza Hotel
so it was a great venue and I will be going there next time.
Hugs
Carolyn

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

:hug:  :hug: Thanks for sharing your pictures Carolyn. And happy to know you had sales and had a wonderful time. Are both pictures your tables? They are all lovely bears. :hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, whou!
Beautiful table!
You had a great idea to go to this venue with your bears.
Draffin Bear, I want to say these are delightful bears. I am so happy to have my own, which I will cherish all my life.  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
So I am not surprised they were successful.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Carolyn your bears look wonderful and what a great idea, a 'Luxury Market'. Good luck with the next sale! Thanks for sharing your pictures, it's great to see your bears all together. Like a mini bear fair.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Carolyn, thanks for sharing the pictures and THANK YOU even MORE for helping to promote what we do! It's folks like you, doing your part to reach beyond the existing collectors who keep our industry alive. We're ALL going to have to do more and more of that to flourish again!

THANK YOU! bear_flower
THANK YOU! bear_thumb
THANK YOU! bear_flower

Daphne

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Carolyn that is awesome!!!!!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Carolyn, your bears are wonderful. But the two little black Scotties really caught my eye. I'm very partial to black Scotties, though over the years we've had black, brindle, and various colors of wheaten. I love yours. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: Bravo, Carolyn!

Auckland New Zealand
Website

Many thanks for your kind words.

Mary, yes both of the pictures are of my table -  my husband had taken a photo with his mobile phone.

Thanks Sophie and it is great to have one of your bears, in my collection also.

Daphne and Laura Lynn - I remember you both posting an article on how to make the Bear Industry thrive like it
once was and I was really happy to be able to attend this show and try and get folk interested and maybe become  new Collectors!

I love Scotch terriers also Marlys - we have a Giant Schnauzer and they are quite similar looking albeit the big difference is
in the size.

Thanks Sue Ann.

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Wonderful table and wonderful bears !  bear_wub Thanks for sharing and for promoting artist teddies !  :hug:

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Your stand and bears look wonderful Carolyn, well done.   :clap:  :clap:

I have just done a similar thing last Sunday, didn't sell very much but I printed some leaflets similar to Laura Lynn mentioned and got such a lot of interest I am sure it generated some new people that will be soon coming into the bear world!

Pauline

puca bears puca bears

I did a show a couple of weeks back - it was All Bears, at Wallau (near Wiesbaden)
Now this was the third year of the show...............the first year I went, just as a visitor - it was QUIET, to say the least. My friend Sabine reported sales of precisely NO bears........
Last year I went as an exhibitor..........visitor numbers were up, and Sabine and I both sold two bears - two more than I'd expected to!
So this year, off we went again - not holding out much hope......BUT.....we took our dog,Nounours, along - she is a BIG Leonberger, and rather bear like. The show was woefully smaller than last year.....and sales BAD.....
but I did amazingly well...and Nou' had a tremendous time , playing to her constant audience of admirers - food for thought!? The ultimate attention grabber??????????
However - if the show is repeated next year (which looks doubtful) I imagine Nounours will be banned - she was/is moulting as only a Leonberger can, and despite having a rug to lie on, left rather a lot of fur all over the nice carpets!
huggies
Maria

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

lovely display Carolyn!  thanks for sharing the photos! and Maria you made me laugh with the description of your dog at the show! i can relate dto the shedding and YES they make great attention getters!  im a sucker for critters!   bear_grin  deb

Auckland New Zealand
Website

Thanks Marion, Pauline Maria and Deb.

Pauline that was good to hear that you attended a market and printed out leaflets with promoting the bear market.

Maria that was so funny to read about your dog going along to the show with you. We were intigued with the way dogs
were allowed to go into into restaurants and supermarkets in Europe. Over here they are banned from places like that.

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I missed this before!  Gorgeous bears, gorgeous table.  I'm so glad to hear it was a positive experience for you.  Thanks for sharing your photos!

Board footer