Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Some pictures of the craft day held in East London. It took place in the gardens of my cousin Marlene.
I also met up with my other cousin Jenny who I have not seen for over 35 years.

DSC01460_800x600.JPG
Part of the garden
DSC01461_800x600.JPG
DSC01478_800x600.JPG
My display
DSC01485_800x600.JPG
One of Santa's helpers I brought home
DSC01487_800x600.JPG
Marlene- the cousin who hosted the day - her shop in the B&B breakfast room
DSC01489_800x600.JPG
Another picture in the garden
DSC01493_800x600.JPG
jenny- my other cousin her work on display
DSC01499_800x600.JPG
Marlene is on my LHS- and jenny (in black) on my RHS.

Casandra Dresden
Website

You then have for certain told much! Lovely pictures! I hope you had much success.  bear_original

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Your cousin has a beautiful garden. What a great opportunity to get together with your cousins.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_flower Ooooh, what a lovely setting, and even lovelier salespeople!!  Did you sell a lot?  What a great cause  :clap:   A lot of people don't want to think of Hospice, but it fills a very hard niche.  Good for you  :clap:  bear_wub

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Surprisingly I did sell a bit, mostly finished items , a few bear kits- people were looking for xmas gifts. I am waiting to hear from Marlene as to how much was raised on the day.

Learning a bit more about my family history was also amazing. I found out things about my grandparents who I never knew. My grandfather owned a trading store and in those days was pretty wealthy and would come home every week with the takings hanging over the side of his horse, although he would be pretty drunk when he arrived. He showered my grandmother with jewelery, yet when she died when my mom was small and her father walked out of her life, the rest of the family took over everything leaving my mom as the poor relation.

Some where along the line one of our ancestors must have been artistic as we all  involved with some form of crafts- and many painters in the family, my brother being one.

Marlene and myself are very similar, even to our gardens, home set ups and in nature- I felt like I had come home after so many years- it is the best Christmas present I could ever have asked for.

Lynette

Board footer