Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

K Pawz Guest

I really hate some people! This is sweet little Keira who came to us to foster, from a home where the lady had her and her two sisters and brother, and then decided one day that she didn't want them anymore and wanted to put them up for adoption. All three other kittens are very outgoing, but Keira was very shy initially and it was a couple of days before we actually saw her walk, and when we did we realized there was something very wrong! we took her to the vet for xrays and they found out that her femur at the hip joint was shattered! Apparently from the look of the break it was a very heavy localized impact...not to mention Keira is scared of feet...hmmmm putting two and two together here, and it was approximatley at least a month old, how could someone not notice that there was something wrong with her! I spoke to the woman that had her, and of course I got the "I didn't notice anything wrong, but she stayed in the back bedroom by herself all the time" Wouldn't you think there was something wrong?!! As I said I just hate people sometimes!

Anywhoo we just picked Keira up this afternoon after her surgery on Friday and she is doing well, she has a pain patch on so she isn't in too much pain, but I just cry every time I look at her, I can't believe that someone could be so evil!

Hugs,
Krista
Keirasurgery.jpg
Keirasurgery2.jpg

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Oh Krista, this poor little soul.  I just can't believe some people, how cruel they can be.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping this dear little soul.  Please keep us informed as to her recovery.  She is so lucky to have you to look after her and show her some love and "respect" as a living being.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

How sad, poor little thing, I'm so glad she has you to help care for her, bless her heart and YOURS too,
keep us up to date.
:hug:

katiescraftworks katiescraftworks

The cruelty to innocent creatures never ceases to make me feel sick.  Poor Keira. What she must have suffered. I cannot even begin to imagine.....

I am a huge cat lover. I have four. One of them has only 3 legs. My daughter bought him home to me after his owners were going to have him put down 4 years ago. He has been with me ever since and I bless the day he came to live with my son and myself.

My other cats, I have had since they were only a few weeks old and Daisy, the oldest turned 15 in September. My youngest cat, Bambi (my son named her) just turned 2.

My blood boils when I see what humans are capable of doing to innocent creatures.  Keira is so lucky she is with you.

Sending bear hugs,

Cathie

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry Yes, I just can't imagine the pain and cruelty some people can inflict on the helpless.  But you, Krista, are the best of the kindest!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :pray:  :hug:  :hug:  :pray: :hug:  :pray: I totally understand...been through enough of this kind of situation with 4 leggers to know...mean people who hurt 4 leggers suck!!! Healing blessings!!!

Hugs &

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Krista, I hate some people sometimes also.  How could anyone do that to a living thing?   bear_cry  bear_cry It just breaks my heart.

Thank goodness you have come to her rescue and she can now count on you.  You are a wonderful woman.
Danni

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Well it is heartbreaking that she was injured but heart warming that you discovered it and she will heal, and will you get to keep her?  As I suspect she will be bonded to you for ever?

there is a special place in heaven for ladies like you  :hug:

dilu

K Pawz Guest

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words....this is one very special little girl, to go through all of that and still reach out for love and snuggles!!

Keira will stay here with us until she is fully healed and a new home is found for her, but believe me this home will be very carefully screened and only the best will do...if no one can pass the test then I guess she will stay here!  bear_grin

Hugs,
Krista

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

People suck sometimes!  What kind of freak would do that?

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

That is horrible Krista, sending you a big hug for being such a kind and caring soul. Some people should not have animals.
hugs,
Melanie

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Krista, what a blessing she came to your house and she is such a dear little thing.  I have such a soft spot for black cats.  I hope she will mend fully and still have a lovely life. 

hugs,

Brenda

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, Krista, what a chance you were there to notice something was going wrong with Keira!!!!!

You are such a lovely and caring lady! Thanks soooo much for helping these animals...

Now Keira can be happy again and i am sure you will find her a loving home.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Bless you Krista for saving this dear little kitty cat - you are the best bear_thumb

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh love her little heart, what a blessing she came your way, that was meant to be huh!!?   bear_wub  bear_wub    People's cruelty NEVER ceases to amaze me, just astonishes me more and more.   I'm so happy she found you, I'm sure she is too!!  Bless you!!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

bearkidz bearkidz by Marion Fraile
charlotte
Website

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

puca bears puca bears

Krista - I've said it before - you are an absolute STAR!!!
It is completely heartbreaking to imagine all the pain that poor little scrap has suffered - thank goodness she is in such good hands now - bless you!!!
lotsa huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Good grief.  How on earth do people live with their consciences after inflicting such wanton cruelty?

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Krista is it so sad that there can be such cruelty in this world.... But I have to tell you that it warms my heart to know there are people like you who care about and love all creatures great and small.  Bless your heart :hug:  :hug:  :hug:   Little Kitty is great hands with you. bear_wub

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Bless her heart ...and yours !! In Jesus name let it heal well.

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Kiera's story is heartbreaking. These very needy animals seem to always find their way to your house. You are an angel. And, I, too, cannot understand people who mistreat animals. Kiera has probably known kindness until she came to you and it sounds like she may be a permanent resident even after she heals.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Krista,

Words fail me when it comes to cruelty to animals, I get too upset.  Luckily, there are lovely people like you who take great care of poor innocent little animals.  Bless you.  (I think Keira could be a "keeper"??!)

Hugs

Marilyn

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

oh Krista: I'm with you on this. There are some very cruel people out there. I wonder if the woman can be charged with cuelty to animals? I'd sure try and see if that can happen. I hope a speedy recovery for the little one... :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Awww how sad, poor little thing.  Thank goodness for you and that she is having some peace and love and cuddles at last.  Wish I was nearer and I would adopt her from you.

Warm wishes
Pauline

Mikki Mikki, Cripple Creek Creative
Bethel, Ohio

Krista,
Thank you for caring................... Mikki with  six ophan cats and two dogs...all abandoned but happy now.

Board footer