Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

Any last minute tips before I do this? I've sent to Italy but it was via another sender in the states. So I've never actually shipped overseas. I am doing Priority USPS insured.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I've never shipped to Sweden per se.  And it's been a while since I've shipped internationally so my info might be out of date a little.  But I used to use Global Priority or sometimes even Global Express mail, both USPS services.  And I always had great results.  Global Express can get to far away destinations quicker than you can send a letter from California to Colorado -- seriously.  And it comes with some insurance attached.

Good luck and if you get confused, just ask questions.  If your post office is like mine, they're happy to be helpful.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi International Priority takes 6 - 10 business days and starts I think around $16.00 or so , Express Mail ships in 3-5 business days and comes with
$100 insurancem I think it starts at about $22.00 . The Express is a bit more expensive but does travel ALOT faster.
You will need to fill out a customs sheet with both.

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

Yep you guys are right. Global is $23 insured, 6-10 days. They re-designed the USPS website and it's great.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Hi Jennifer,

I've only shipped to Sweden once.

The customer chose the cheapest possible shipping method. The critter was very well packed, but it arrived in a badly dented condition.

Also, Swedish customs had opened and checked it, even though I listed the contents carefully, including wires in the limbs and glass beads in the stuffing.

So I'd definitely go with the more expensive service, and be sure to fill out the customs form completely!

PeachtreeCottage Peachtree Cottage
Georgia
Website

I've shipped to Sweden multiple times with no problems at all, using USPS International First Class Mail (Air Letter Post) with a customs form.  My bears are small enough that I can put them in a bubble envelope.  I've never had any Swedish customer say anything arrived opened or damaged in any way.

This would only work for mini bears though.

/bearhugs,

Board footer