Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

I told my sister that the end of the school year is comparable to "Christmas Stress." It can get ridiculous.

tee hee....If you live down under here in NZ or Aus  the end of the school year/major summer holidays are at Christmas time.  So not only is December fraught with all that Christmas stuff but umpteen dozen school/sports/work break ups too.

and omg your blog was one of the first bear blogs that I subscribed to and make sure I keep up with.  I love your style and  I know exactly where you are coming from with the 67 comments on a cup of coffee thing but putting my web2.0 educator hat on for a  moment here.  Remember that lots of those blogs are started and read by people who are "native" to the web2.0/blogging world.  They're    Many many people in the craft community are very new to collaborative technologies (and probably more so in the bear world than some of the other crafting areas) and just don't get or are not used to this new  interactive style of web. 

There is quite a culture and mind shift from the old static web to web2.0 and it's going to take people time (me included) to adapt to and get used to commenting and sharing.  It's something I have to remind myself too.  gotta run - teaching a class on this very stuff this afternoon.  Chin up and have a fabulous holiday!

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Jennifer I love your blog!!!!
I hear you!!!!!!
Sometimes I get so busy with the day in and day out things of life I just get tired and don't feel like doing anything, I always wonder if as artists we don't need to give ourselves vacations, say like pick a week on the calendar and say for that week, I am not going to even look at fur. I try to force myself to work but I just get so frustrated, the piece I am working on never comes out the way I want it to.  I have 2 eyeless bears sitting in my work basket right now, poor dears!!!! bear_sad
:hug:
Jodi

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

everything - does martha stweart make bears too?
5 star competition winning bears ???
:crackup:  cat, laughing at own jokes !!! xxxx

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Thanks for the Martha Stewart link ... I honestly had no idea who she is! bear_laugh

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

actually - and not being silly now
i tihnk its the hardest thing about being an artist when you have to make and create but your muse has left you ... those that ''dont make pretty pictures all day'' dont understand us but you can see jennifer how we all do ...
ive had some yuck comments over the years when i have dared epress that im finding my ''work'' difficult

cat xxx

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hi Jennifer!

I also read your blog.... but I've been having trouble leaving comments for a while.  They won't "take" for some reason...

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

Laura...I think I have discovered that if a blogger is doing some editing... the comment thingy doesn't work while they are there "doing".  You click on "publish" and nothing happens.  I did it several times on Jennifers the other day ..but then... decided to see if that was what it was.... copied, saved my comment...and went back in about 5 mins...and pasted it it...clicked publish..and away it went.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

THanks Veronica!

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Oh my goodness !! You guys are funny !! I think we all lose the creative bug !! And as far as posting new stuff on your blog , I am the worst !! I don't do anything exciteing !! So this may be a problem !!! But I do enjoy it.

rosebearcottage Rose Bear Cottage
Lake Gregory, California

O.K. Jennifer, this post was what I needed.  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: I have been in a slump creative wise for a few years now, or should I say five or six years. Just when I think I have the time.....  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: I get a few bears created to list and bam!!! My day job takes all my energy away. When I began creating bears it was my full-time passion. eBay was my first avenue of showing my creations with excellent results and many collectors and shows were fantastic....then came the unexpected life changesbear_wacko Needless to say full-time work other then my passion of teddy creating took first place and has been ever since. I have had a real hard time lately with brain fry after a long day of my day job being able to create. (I'm on call 24/7) Thank you for your post. Many of us are in the same uncreative mood due to lack of time with such busy schedules to juggle. It's great to encourge one another. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

staticbear76 Posts: 222

when im drawing up characters or concept art and i get stuck i often listen to something staticy on the radio some of the happiest memories i have when i got a cool looking teddy or a see an awesome bear is often when someone was playing big band music and it had a lot of static on the radio so i get those memories to going and i finish up the picture if anything gives you the happiest memories try it out again it sometimes works really good plus benny goodman is a great big band musician. My friend at kbrd.com 680 am will be internet streaming at the end of this month he plays all from the 20's 30's 40's 50's and other music related to that time it is really good music.

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Music helps me too!  I just bought my first MP3 player yesterday.  It's so CUTE!  I got one of the little pink Zen Stones from Target and it was only $30 for a 1GB player.  So it holds about 250 songs.  So far, I've filled it half way up.  I was a teenager in the 80s and most of the music of that decade really brings back great memories.  I think I might need to get a bigger one for my birthday though as I haven't added my Christmas music yet and I have about 40 or so Christmas albums (yep, Christmas music makes it easier for me to create too - very soothing - even in July!!!LOL!!!).

Nice to meet you staticbear76!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

AdVivianneOut.jpgHi Static, Hi Lisa!!!!  Thanks for reviving this thread... so interesting!  I think a lot of creative people have a dominant sense that really gets them going.  For me it's smell.  I have sweet woodruff growing all over the front area of my house, it's particularly fragrant when it blooms, and also in late July when the heat starts to really hit it.  It smells like vanilla/fresh cut hay to me, and it always makes me feel happy and creative.  This pic shows one of my minis sneaking around in some woodruff AND violets!  Love the smell of violets and lavender, and lilac.  I'm a fabric softener junkie too!   bear_grin  Seriously, when I go back to a brand that I used in the past, it takes me right back to what I was doing during that season... it just changes my whole outlook on things and sparks up my imagination and creativity.  So... all I have to do is take a big whiff of my shirt sleeve, and there I go!   :crackup:

Kim Basta

Board footer