Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thanks for your 4 cents guys!  bear_grin I've decided that we all have normal dogs if their feet smell like corn chips! That's my unscientific conclusion! So, my dogs are actually normal in some way... hard to believe!! LOL!!

Yes, I've read a lot about them having sweat glands in their feet. And it would explain why they smell more now than they did a few weeks ago... they are due for a trip to the groomers. I'm sure all the fur between their Frito Toes absorbs the scent, then they scratch and spread the scent around until their whole body smells.

Hey, this is all really making sense now!  :dance:

Shantell.... are you going to get a puppy now???? bear_original

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website
Daphne wrote:

Tami - I'd be cracking up too if I pictured everyone smelling CAT feet.... I'd be just waiting for someone to say "I went to sniff my cat's foot and she clawed my face... I had to have stitches!"
:crackup:

LMAO!!!

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Well, I had to think back when I had my Poms and I asked my husband when he got home about the whole "corn chip" thing.  He agreed with me that the Poms had absolutely NO smell - not even on their fur!  Our Poms never got that "wet dog" smell either when they had to go out in the rain.  We both decided we were not going to go sniff Elsie's feet.  She's still got some wild pup in her and who knows what she'd do if we started sniffing her feet!  So I called my sister and said, "Your going to think I'm nuts but do your Schnauzer's feet smell like Corn Chips?"  I thought she was really going to think I'd lost it but she replied back, "No, burnt Popcorn."  Apparently everyone in her office has had this discussion and they all say Yummy Popcorn to Burnt Popcorn is the smell they get.  Who new we'd all be sniffing dog feet?

I really thought you were joking Daphne when you started this topic.  That's why I said maybe our dogs all go on midnight snack cabinet raids.  But apparently it's true.  Our dogs (well except my Poms) all smell like food items!  And we're willing to sniff it and we LIKE the smell???

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon
Daphne wrote:

Shantell.... are you going to get a puppy now???? :)

I would love to get a puppy but I'm not going to any time soon.  I've got 4 cats...two of which are wild and one of those who gives me grey hair...can you guess her name?  LOL   Just wondered if I added "rate corn odor on feet" to my list of qualifications if the good ol' folks at the HS would think I was nuts.  Probably...

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Lisa - See, I'm not as nuts as you thought!  bear_tongue Elsie must sleep at some point, right? It only takes a quick sniff and you'll be hooked too!  :crackup:

Shantell - You just tell the HS to Google "dog feet doritos" and they'll see you aren't crazy at all! But yeah, you'd get a funny look.... especially if Lisa worked there!  bear_grin

tantbear Clark, Wyoming

Sad to say Raoul's feet smell..............like what he walks in when we go outside.  Now, my horse's face, ONE of my horses faces smells like.........bacon, or like a cooked breakfast.  I often call her, "Bacon face."  Now that is wierd, and I need to be working now! bear_wacko

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

He he he,
how cool.
My two favorite smells are an old hardcover book from the library and the smell of my dogs feet.

My husband thinks I'm discusting for the second one but I dont' care.

Thanks for posting this Daph. I love that I'm not alone in my weird smell preferences. :clap:  :dance:

edspencer tEDDIE bears
Wichita, Ks.
K Pawz wrote:

bear_grin Okay I am not alone!!!! I have always said that Little Emma's feet smell like corn chips and hubby always looks at me like I have three heads!!!  I look forward to hearing what you find out Daphne! I hope it isn't diet, she eats a very high quality hollistic food!!!

Hugs,
Krista

Krista,

I am NOT believin' that I actually made Mr. Snickers let me smell his feet.   The odor in no way resembles corn chips or any other foodstuff for that matter.  Because we are in a public thread, I will not go into what his paws do smell like but the experience was not pleasant, for either one of us.

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

He he he,
how cool.
My two favorite smells are an old hardcover book from the library and the smell of my dogs feet.

Me too! I love the smell of old book stores and I guess Jackson's feet are kinda corny...
When I take a nap, he likes to be beside me on the bed with one paw on my face...I know...I know...I can hear all the "awwwwwwwws" now bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin
Cheryl :D

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Okay, I'm a little late here, but as soon as I read Daphne's first post I went and sniffed my dogs feet. The first dog, a Collie-mix (possible shepherd) had a very faint Frito smell. The other dog's, a Collie, smelled very, very Frito-like. After the initial "OMG, they DO smell like cornchips", I then associated the smell as being salty. By the way, they both looked at me like I was crazy when I grabbed their paws!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Yeah!! More Frito-Toes!!!  :dance:

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

I can imagine how silly I will look when I start smelling 24 little paws. lol

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hmmm.... I'm wondering now if puppy feet have that smell or if it's just adult doggies.... hmmm......
and the answer is?????????

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  Don't have a puppy.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Me either, Sue Ann... but I've been looking... just for the fun of it... if only they'd stay so small and keep that puppy breath and baby face.... just be house-broken!
:crackup:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Yes ...............I would like to know also if puppies feet smell the same way........ bear_grin  bear_grin
Does anyone have a puppy?

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Sonya has puppies :dance: ........ just waiting for her to smell all 24 feet..... probably 6 will do, Sonya!  bear_laugh

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I had a Doberman once that definately smelled like Fritos !!! She had skin allergies to certain foods , had to feel her lambs meal and rice mixture.I always loved that about her. :crackup:  Arn't we a bunch of nuts to notice.......or maybe we just think about food all the time !!! :crackup:

K Pawz Guest

whoo hoo more corn chips!!! I think Puppies do as well, we got Emma at four months and hers have always smelt this way...can't say about when she was younger than that though...now my big guy Leo on the other hand, his feet have no smell, and he is the allergy boy in our house, how very odd.

Ed: love the mouse in your avatar!

Hugs,
Krista

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

hehehe,  bear_laugh  bear_tongue I know I'm terribly late to this thread, I'm catching up on like 2 months of posts and promised I wouldn't respond and overwhelm myself until I was ready, but this topic is just too temptingly funny that I had to post hehe :crackup: Just imagining us all running after our dogs and grabbing their feet to our noses lol  :clap:

yes Daph I remember telling you about this ages ago and you hadn't even started sniffing yet lol, so I'm guessing you got a taste for the corny smell lol  its addictive isn't it haha

yep, its definitely worse when they wake up, and no, my puppy Pippin didn't have any smell till he reached about 7 mths, and its getting stronger as he gets older, now 8 mths, but i don't think it will get as strong as Spike as he got snipped younger (still squatting for those who want to know lol) I suppose its like kids going through puberty...they begin to smell!  lol

Lisa, my Pippin has no wet dog smell either...whatever i wash him in, the smell just stays, its lovely having a dog like him after having two smelly jack russles  bear_whistle

thanks for making me laugh tonight daph  bear_grin

pippin.jpg
tts.jpg

Board footer