Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Hi All! :hug: I've taken some new photos of Otis......it was tough, as he doesn't hold still unless he's sleeping!! bear_grin Anyway, here he is at 3 months old.  We weighed him yesterday, and he's already 39 pounds bear_shocked   He's a big boy........and so very smart.  I would swear that he's training himself sometimes! bear_thumb He really is a total sweetie.......needs to work on his guard dog routine though.  When the other two dogs bark at someone at the door, he runs and hides behind me! bear_tongue  :crackup:

Otis12weeks1.jpg

Otis12weeks3.jpg

Otis12weeks4.jpg

Otis12weeks6.jpg

Otis12weeks7.jpg

Otis12weeks8.jpg

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Oh wow Tracy Otis has grown so much, he has the most adorable face  bear_wub
Thankyou for keeping us posted on him  :hug:

Hugs
Vicki

Iowa
Website

You're welcome Vicky! bear_wub He's my baby.......I'm proud to show him off! bear_grin  I have to say that he's done something to the hubby (almost forgot I was going to tell you all about this.....it's so cute!).  This is a man who pretends not to care too much about any of the animals.  Well.........Darren has lost his mind with Otis.  The other day, I caught him lying in the kennel with him, just the lower half of his legs sticking out and Otis jumping up and down on his butt. bear_wacko Then the next night he has to 'talk' to Otis until he's asleep.  Darren is on the floor in front of Otis's kennel and talking to him in a sing-song voice.  I ask him what he's doing......he actually says 'singing Otis to sleep'! :crackup:  :crackup: OMG!!  The man has lost it!!  Oh yeah, he had to be away over this past weekend, and says to me the night before he left that he was going to miss Otis while he was gone.  Not miss me, but Otis!!! bear_shocked  bear_tongue  :crackup: This is one of the reasons I love this man.........he's got such a big heart! bear_wub

UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Awww Tracy that is so sweet but i must say it was a shame you didnt take a picture of Darren with his legs sticking out of the kennel  :crackup:  I hope your singing Otis to sleep while Darren is away  bear_tongue  bear_whistle
My hubby is the same, i have not long ago got a Parrot and hubby wasn't really that keen but now he is the one that always has the parrot on his shoulder  bear_ermm .
Please keep the pictures coming  :hug:
Hugs
Vicki

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, he's absolutely beautiful! That face... bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

I'd MUCH rather have him hide behind me than have a 3rd barking dog! Wish my boys would do that! The barking is so loud I don't even hear the doorbell!

Otis is truly a gorgeous dog... everything about him just melts your heart!  bear_smile

Iowa
Website

No, I did NOT sing Otis to sleep while Darren was gone! :crackup: Funny how Otis just went right to bed for me when 'Daddy' wasn't home.......then last night (Darren got home last evening) it was back to whining for attention at bedtime.  Darren is spoiling him! bear_wacko bear_wub

Yeah, I was bummed I missed out with the camera when I caught that man playing in the kennel with his puppy.  It was too late then to go back and get it! :photo:  bear_grin

Vicki, do you have any pics of your parrot?  Or have I missed them on TT already?  I would love to see.......parrots are so awesome! bear_thumb

Iowa
Website

Oops.....I was typing while you posted Daphne!  You have a good point about the barking bear_thumb ........our two small dogs make me nuts with it. bear_wacko   They have days where they bark at every little noise and won't shut up!!  Lucky that I love the little devils anyway bear_wub ..............

UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Buddy2.jpg

Buddy.jpg

Buddy_on_cage.jpg

This is Buddy
I thought i had already posted pictures of him on here but it was on my blog  bear_whistle

Hugs  :hug:
Vicki

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

.......then last night (Darren got home last evening) it was back to whining for attention at bedtime.  Darren is spoiling him!

No, Tracy, Otis is just training Darren to do whatever he wants. Harley did that with Allyn, still does.

He's beautiful, Tracy. That face is precious. No wonder he captured your heart immediately...and Darren's.

puca bears puca bears

I think I might have to agree with Marlys, Tracy - dogs are pretty smart when it comes to training people...
but who wouldn't talk to Otis and crawl in his kennel to be with him - he is SO adorable. He really does have a very expressive and KIND face - lovely boy!
huggies
Maria
and Vicki - love the pics of your parrot - especially the close-up!

K Pawz Guest

OH Tracy what a gorgeous boy he is growing into...they grow so quick don't they! Keep posting the pictures it is always so much fun watching TT babies grow!

Hugs,
Krista

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Oh Tracy!
He's just beautiful I'm really happy that he has found a place in your heat and your home! bear_wub

Hugs,
AndreaM bear_original

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Awwww...Otis is so cute!! I understand about that guard dog thing. My Michaels brother had a Doberman who ran and hid when people came to the door. She was the sweetest dog and would be any burglars dream.....

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Tracy he is growing into a beautiful big boy  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wonderful, expressive face on this little boy!!  I, too, have been well trained by my menagerie of 4 cats and 2 dogs - they are experts at it.  Otis is a cutie.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Oh he is a sweety, a real cutie  bear_original

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

they go thru stages..at 3 mos they run and hide,,at 6 mos they stand and then run ..by 1 yr he will hold his ground! my shepard puppy did that. Otis is  beatiful! i can relate to the dog training the husband. snickers has always treated mine like  a sibling..and hes a sucker for him too!
we have THREE dog beds throughout the house for ONE dog! cant have him lying on the cold floor! buddy is pretty cute too!  keep them pictures coming ladies!  deb

duff Deedle Bears
Dallas

Tracy, he is so handsome and growing so quickly! Is ee why you and Darren are in love with him, what a face!

I have  black brindle mastiff and Otis reminds me of the fun of watching him grow up!     Take lots of pictures, they grow so quickly.  I loved my guy hen he was a puppy but I love him even more as a "Grown up"   although he still has moments when he hides behind me and he has been very succecssful at "training me"  :crackup:

Keep us posted as he grows, it's so fun to watch him grown up!

Big smooches for Otis,

Duff

Vicki, Buddy is adorable!

Iowa
Website

:crackup:  :crackup: I told Darren last night that Otis was training him........and of course he just looked at me like I was nuts and didn't believe me!  Well.......I'm not being trained.  Or rather, I'm trying hard not to be! :crackup: Otis makes it hard to resist.....he's got that sweet 'poor puppy' look down pat now. bear_happy

Vicki, your Buddy is gorgeous!! bear_wub  bear_wub I just love parrots.......lucky you to have one!  That second picture is hilarious, by the way! bear_thumb

Most recent Otis caper:  Last night, my youngest son comes to tell me that Otis was eating a hot dog bun.......a whole 'new' one, he said.  'Huh?!' bear_ermm   I'm confused, so go look, and there's Otis hurrying to scarf down the last of his hot dog bun before I can take it from him.  I look at the kitchen counter, and there's the bag of buns lying open.......with the open end right up to the edge of the counter.   Super smart Otis stole one, and left no obvious evidence behind (that was almost creepy smart....eek! bear_shocked ).   Had Zach not caught him eating the bun, I would never have known!!  And he did try to go back for another bear_grin ....we waited and watched.  Was that the plan?  Steal one at a time so noone will notice? bear_shocked  :crackup:  We'll be watching this sly pup a bit closer now.........especially since he's now discovered that yes, he can reach things on the kitchen counter tops! bear_grin

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Wonderful story about the hot dog buns. Darren won't know that Otis is training him until it's too late to do anything about it.

Harley will pester Allyn until he gets his way...treat, belly rub...whatever. He won't do that with me. Oh, I do give treats and belly rubs, too, but I don't give in at his every command. So you must be the strong one, Tracy, to keep some discipline in this young scamp.

Iowa
Website

Hey Marlys, that sounds like my household.  The hubs gives in to Otis so easily.....I try to make sure it's on my terms, not his (Otis I mean......well, actually that should maybe apply to both Otis and hubby? bear_grin  bear_whistle ).  Sometimes it's hard to do, but I know it's so important.  We want Otis to be a good dog when he's grown! bear_thumb

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, Tracy.   I want him! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Tracy said:

Hey Marlys, that sounds like my household.  The hubs gives in to Otis so easily.....I try to make sure it's on my terms, not his (Otis I mean......well, actually that should maybe apply to both Otis and hubby?    ).  Sometimes it's hard to do, but I know it's so important.  We want Otis to be a good dog when he's grown!

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Tracy, so true, so true.

Board footer