Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

blapuls_1.JPGIn beetween bears I do some knitting.
And for several years I have been making these and sold a lot in Denmark.
Now I would like to try and sell them 'worldwide' - only thing is, I don´t know the right word for these.  bear_rolleyes

I knit them and after finish I wash them in the washing-machine, so they become feltet? What is the correct word for this technique?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks a lot in advance.

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Yes Tina, they've been felted!  Very nicely too I might add.  They look toasty warm!

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Thanks Lisa
They are absolutely warm - perfect on a kold day.

What do I call these?

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

You mean, what to call the garmet?  Fingerless gloves?
Oh... they do look lovely!

Kim Basta

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

They look like (palm warmers) to me  bear_original
those would be nice for the cold days we are having

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark
WildThyme wrote:

You mean, what to call the garmet?
Kim Basta

exactly Kim -
I Denmark they are called: 'pulse-warmers' or 'wrist-warmers' but I´m not sure these are the right words
I do need to call them something if I want to put them for sale, so people would know waht I´m talking about  bear_wacko

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I just saw this exact product called "fingerless mitts" on Etsy this morning!  http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9188375

And "felted" or "knitted, then felted" (even better; showcases the handknit aspect) would be a great way to describe the process you used.

Cute!

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

we call them wrist warmers, they are very popular with Teenagers in the area where I live.

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

Whatever you call them they sure are nice and look very warm, I would call them wrist warmers as others have said.  What are the buttons for?  Or is that decoration? I think it looks sharp to have that felted look.  good luck with them.

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

They cal them Wristlets or Fingerless Gloves here in the States.

The process you're doing is Fulling; the difference being that all felting, wet or dry is done with loose fibers. After the fibers have becomes 'fabric' whether by weaving/knitting/crocheting/etc that is Fulling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulling
http://www.google.com/search?source=ig& … gle+Search

I use them when I'm in my basement workroom - rather chilly in the winter - so mine come up to my first knuckle.

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Thanks a lot everyone
You have al been so helpful
Just what I needed
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA
rkr4cds wrote:

They cal them Wristlets or Fingerless Gloves here in the States.

The process you're doing is Fulling; the difference being that all felting, wet or dry is done with loose fibers. After the fibers have becomes 'fabric' whether by weaving/knitting/crocheting/etc that is Fulling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulling
http://www.google.com/search?source=ig& … gle+Search

I use them when I'm in my basement workroom - rather chilly in the winter - so mine come up to my first knuckle.

I was using the term "felted" because I really didn't think that people will know (if she puts this on E-bay or Etsy) what "fulling" is even though that is what she's really doing.  I haven't seen many people refer to their item as being "fulled?" in a description even though they've done the exact same process described in the Wikipedia reference you supplied.  I don't know but if I hadn't read the felting books that I purchased I would be confused by "fulling" in a description but the term "felted" is one that I would recognize.  Just my opinion though!    bear_tongue

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio
kathytaylor wrote:

we call them wrist warmers, they are very popular with Teenagers in the area where I live.

Yup... here in Ohio too Kathy!

Kim Basta

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark
Lisa wrote:

I was using the term "felted" because I really didn't think that people will know (if she puts this on E-bay or Etsy) but the term "felted" is one that I would recognize.  Just my opinion though!    :P

That´s excactly what I had planned Lisa
'Feltet' and 'wrist-warmers' are perfect.

Thank you everyone  :hug:

Board footer