Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Baysidebears Bayside Bears
Cape Cod, MA

I've just spent an hour or two catching up with lots and lots of posts. I didn't realize how out of the loop I have felt since taking a few months off from bear work. After my mother's passing last fall and a big house renovation, I feel like I am finally feeling revved up with  some new creative energy. I think my work had gotten a bit stale and felt more like a chore than a joy.
    Reading through all the posts today, I see that I also am missing the camaraderie of fellow bear artists.....it's nice having talks with online friends who go through the same things that you do. I only joined TT last year and wasn't even on it very much, but I knew that in my new plan for this year, I wanted to make it a bigger part of my life and try to get here at least a few times a week to participate.
   I've revamped my website, and I will have bears for sale on there as well as Ebay. I've decided to do more realistic polar bears this year...sort of a return to my roots, I guess.
I enjoyed the thread about our early bear work. I didn't post anything...it is just way to embarassing! I only just came accross a file with all my first bears pictures  and Iwas shocked. But, it certainly made me see how far I have come!
   I enjoyed all the discussion about Ebay on one of the threads....it is discussions like that that showed me how much I was missing.
   This week on ebay, finishing up tomorrow is my lifelike polar baby Flocke, modeled after the one at the Nurmberg Zoo. It's doing incredibly well, I was surprised at the response. There are over 125 'watchers' on the auction. It will be interesting to see how it ends up. I'm just grateful for it. I just got back from the dentist and it turns out I need 2 implants at $5000. each. I better get going on the bearmaking!! My husband was a little disappointed when I told him they weren't that kind of implant!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … 0201334055

Anyway, sorry this is so long. I'm happy to be back and I look forward to being a part of the group.
Mary Lou Foley
http://www.baysidebears.com

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ha! Men!

I'm really happy to see you back posting, Mary Lou.  And as you know (since I wrote you a note about it), I love your beautiful cub now on eBay. May it pay for your implants... no matter where they may be.

bear_original

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

WOW. Loved the photos. I had to look twice, this is so lifelike. Well done. We also had a bit of an off year 07 renovating a house and my mother-in-laws death. You do realise what you have missed here. Welcome back.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance: Welcome back, Mary Lou!

Your little Flocke is a masterpiece.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Your little Flocke is stunning, Mary Lou!!  So glad she's doing well on ebay.  And it's super to have you back on the forum - looking forward to your hanging around with us.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Welcome back Mary Lou.
Your little cub Flocke is wonderful -best of luck with the auction.

bear_flower

Zada Creations Zada Creations
Washington

Welcome back Mary Lou!

I saw your Flocke baby on Ebay she is stunning!
And 125 watchers, Wow. I often make the Ebay Pulse however not with that many watchers.
Looking forward to more of your fabulous creations!

~Patricia

Board footer