Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

I have gotten some lovely responses to bears I have sold to customers. They have sent me such nice thank you's via email. Obviously I cherish these comments and would like to keep/remember them somehow. What should I do with them? Any creative ideas? Do y'all keep yours or delete them?

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Would you need permission to 'publish' their words on the internet? To quote what they've said?

I have a stack of cards and letters and love to reread them... especially when I'm feeling discouraged or uninspired. Those that I've received via email I've saved to my hard drive and printed out as well. I've thought of a scrap book as I'm not one to boast or brag on my website.  But perhaps I should look at it as a way to reassure potential collectors that my work is worth adopting? After all.... we all value feedback!

Hmmmm...... can't wait to hear what others do.......

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

Personally, as a collector as well as an artist, I see a thank you note or a 'fan letter' I send an artisan as personal correspondance. I don't think I would like my words made public without my permission but maybe thats just me.  bear_ermm 
I have a file of letters that get pulled out periodically when I need a boost!

Cheryl bear_flower

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

I've printed off a bunch of mine from emails and am saving them to put in a scrapbook on my bears - someday!

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

I saw someone on TV who took personal notes like that and he framed them and had them setting on tables and stuff around the house,  just added a nice personal touch.

As for emails. I would do like Edie said and print them off and you can keep a scrap book of them for your personal pleasure.

big hugs

shane

PeachtreeCottage Peachtree Cottage
Georgia
Website

I would suggest asking for permission to use their comments as part of a testimonials page on a website if you have one. 

/bearhugs,

bearlykidzbears Bearly Kidz Bears
Lodi, Ca.

I would print them out maybe on colored paper and print them out for a scrapbook.

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

I am loving the little scrapbook or frame idea.  I definitely don't want to publish them publicly but only wanted to save them for myself. Since I photograph each bear maybe I can put the thank-you/comment printout in the sleeve next to the bear photo. I can shrink the note to fit 4x6. Thanks!!!

Board footer