Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

You may want to check to see if this German ebay seller is selling the pattern that you had published in a magazine.  I found my Marvelous Max pattern for sale in her ebay auctions.  I can't even sell it as I created it exclusively for Teddy Bear Club International.    I've reported this one to ebay as it was mine.  Thought I'd make mention of it for everyone else....

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZewidohe

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Hi Laura, there is a post about this seller (i think perhaps last week) might be worth a look.

Ali x

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Thanks Ali!  I haven't had much time to be on TT lately... bear_whistle

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

A lot of the patterns are from the German Magazine Teddy´s
She/He have used the pictures from the magazine too.

The dolls/rabbits fabric patterns are form a Danish book

Nicholasville, KY
Website

I believe she will be contacted by the legal department of one of these magazines... bear_whistle

Tina, do you have the contact info (website) for the German magazine?  I'd be happy to let them know they are being ripped off  bear_grin

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Yes I do
The website is:
http://www.dollami.de/Pages%20Teddys%20 … r_neu.html

and their email. verlag@dollami.de

This is the danish publisher for the book she have used the pattern from: www.klematis.dk

Donna A Brandon Bears
Fort Worth Texas

ohhh My,
I'm so glad to read about this in TT.
I didn't  know this person was  offering copied  patterns.
I bid on one and now thankful was outbid.
Thank you for the HEADS UP ladies.
What steps can/should I take to avoid making this mistake in the future.

Donna a.
www.brandonbears.net

threadteds ThReAdTeDs®
Website

threadteds Banner Sponsor

She has 2 of my patterns and writes this is from a BB? What does BB mean?
I only sell these as a pattern only, never were published in a book and have these on eBay myself.

The last weeks I feel I do nothing else as playing policeman, I spent houres and houres to have my book removed from picasa, last week someone sent me a warning my patterns were free to download on a Russisch website ( I stil try to figure out who to contact to have these removed) and now this seller on eBay, selling my patterns.. 

It makes me think about quiting with selling my patterns...sigh..

Gues I need to write to eBay now..I am so tired of this!!!!!!

Thank you for posting!!
Berta

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Be nice if she received a class action against her.  bear_original

puca bears puca bears

Oooh - this STINKS!!!!!!!!! I recognised a lot of the patterns - lifted from German bear magazines, and mailed one friend last night to warn her. I noticed this morning that there was a Karin de Lorenzo pattern too, but it disappeared before i could mail Karin.
A perennial problem - the magazines clearly state "for private use only" - but what happens? Last October, at the Allbears show (Wallau) I was standing chatting to Barbara-Ann's husband when someone walked past , triumphantly carrying her new purchase........which had been made from a B-A pattern from the BarReport, and sold by an "artist"!!!!!!!!!  It is SO unfair - so many hobbyist bear makers rely on the patterns generously donated to the bear magazines - and then someone comes along and makes a mockery of the "trust" involved - makes my blood BOIL!!!!!!!!!!!!
  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry
I hope this person gets what's coming to her.........
huggies
Maria

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Thank you Tina!

Berta, try emailing her.  I finally decided to email her myself and she removed my pattern.

edited to add.... whoops, never mind Berta!  I saw in the other thread that you did exactly that  bear_thumb

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

But how to write in Russian, Laura? Or even figure out where the spot is on the pages that open a link to reach the responsible person to complain and to legally claim ownership to the site that is hosting this... Grrrrr
There is a language barrier here that they're using for a screen, and it is taking too much of our creative time to police the web!!!

We must still remember that, when ONE person purchases a pattern from you, they may sell or give away THAT ONE PRINTED Pattern, or dispose of it in any way that they'd like.

But NO ONE is allowed to copy (reprint) it and resell it, or make copies to share with their friends (or the whole world online, like these sites and the Google picasa albums, etc..)  or print up patterns for kits from instructions printed in magazines.

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Try this website:  http://babelfish.altavista.com/

My husband has used it to post on a German chat board about his diecast models.

And yes, they are allowed to sell or otherwise dispose of that ONE printed pattern!  But most people are pretty clear when they sell those.

My Max pattern was never available like that.  It was only in TBCI.  If the seller had said she was selling the magazine that had that pattern in that issue, that would be different.

Board footer