Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Well, I finally went and did it!!!!!
I created my first Blog page.  I am usually someone with very little to say, but couldn't resist the urge any longer when I found an old photo of my Auntie with a Teddy Bear.  The photo must be about 70 - 75 years old, any information on the bear would be appreciated.
Also, let me know if I am on the right track with a Blog, still trying to work out how to put backgrounds in.
You can find it here http://www.realdealbears.com/blogalongwithchris.htm

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Checked out your blog Chris...have put it in my favourites, maybe when I see how you've done it I may give it a try too... Be prepared for lots of "how, wheres and help" soon..

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Chris, congratulations on your first blog entry.

That's a great old picture of your aunt with her dollie and teddy. I, too, do a bit of genealogy and I love to find old pictures. That would be a great picture to print on fabric and use for a quilt of pillow.

I recently found some old liquor labels belonging to my paternal grandfather and his older brother. I don't have them; I found them online and just put them on my blog. My mother always told stories of my grandfather and his brother having several saloons. Though to actually find the labels was very exciting.

Would you mind if I saved that picture of your aunt? I love these old photos even if they don't belong to my family.

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Denise, I am always happy to help another, though I am not sure I would be the best person to ask as I am just learning myself.  bear_ermm
Marls, your Blog is great, isn't Geneaology exciting.  I have an old locket of my Great Aunt Lily, I will have to pass it on to my Daughter.
I am sending you an email with the picture.

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi Chris,
Love your blog page. What a lovely pic, not sure on the make of the bear.
Keep it up the history of any family is interesting.
Love kayx.

Board footer