Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I am not lucky.
Bear Country UK stopped selling teddy bear making supplies. They used to sell kapok and once I tried it, I figured out I could not do without it as I love it sooooo much.

So I browsed all the links for teddy bear making suppliers I had and could not find any selling some kapok but Noble Craft (UK).
The problem is that if I buy there, it will cost me £30 just for posting and I cannot afford to buy over 10 kg of kapok...

I use kapok only for noses and feet, so I donnot use big quantities.

I did google kapok on French pages, but very few were selling some and when they did, prices were much too high.

So if you have a good address, would you mind sharing with me, please?

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi Sophie,
I get my kapok from Noblecraft. Yes I've been getting my glass eyes from there Bearcountryuk.
Yes It will cost you £8.95 postage , not to bad if you oder a few items at a time.
Hope that helps.
Love kayx.

Bev College Place, WA

Kapok is used in making lifejackets!! If you could find some as surplus?? bear_rolleyes

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

One caution, sweet Sophie:  Be careful using kapok because some people (like my dad, for instance) are almost deathly allergic to it.  It might limit your market just a tiny bit, with those who can't tolerate it well.

Just trying to be helpful; don't shoot the messenger!  bear_flower

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Could you substitute cotton batting for stuffing materials?
We have it here in the States: quilt-sized batting, from baby quilt size up to Queen sized beds. It packs hard like kapok (firmer than polyester fiberfil) but no fiber allergies problems with the fibers floating in the air.

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Sophie
I sent you mail. I have kapok available.

Lynette

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Thank you very much, dear friends!

Lynette, I e-mailed you back. You are lovely.

Thanks for the warning, Shelly... Are you sure that there is still possiblilty for allergies if only a small amount is used into the nose and feet of the bear?

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Board footer