Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

TeddyB Posts: 83

Hello Bearmakers
  I went to the Grapevine Tx bear show and was amazed at the bears the people had made. They were all beautiful and the themes that they set for the bears were great.  I was so excited and motivated to really get starting making bears like I want to but I just don't have the time until after April 15,08 I work for H & R Block and we are really busy.  I notice that each bear was stuffed differently some where heavy some light and my questions is what could you stuff the bear with to make it heavy?

Has anyone made those 1" bears I guess they are 1" they are tiny bears I saw those at the show and they are very pretty I like to make things by hand and was thinking about giving it a try. I would like to know what your thoughts are on those tiny little bears.
Thank you for your help!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hi TeddyB,
Welcome to the wonderful world of bear art. :dance:

You've come to  the right place to come for all your teddy bear questions and to mix and mingle with all the bear artists.  This is a very supportive and fun group  bear_original .

A great place to start would be to use the Library located just above your post.  There is a drop down menu with lots of topics and information.  At the same time always feel free to ask questions here as there is no shortage of generous and helpful people on TT.

The weighty feel in bear is usually a fine glass pellet, steel shot, BB's , or granular mineral, and many artists place these materials in a pouch before placing it into the bear. bear_flower

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

OMG....I'm a bear maker, and there's no way I could make anything 1'' tall!!!  Miniature artists of any sort command my full respect.  The idea that if you breathe your art may sail away just leaves me in awe. 

I'm so glad you've found Teddy Talk and had such a fun time at the show!!!   bear_flower

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

I love making miniatures. There are several books out there that specifically geared towards making these tiny bears and address all the different stuffing materials and a world of other bearmaking ideas.

Judy is right about the glass or pellets to add weight to the bear. It is amazing how something so small can be that heavy but that is how they do it.

If you are interested in learning about miniature bear making, here are some books you can buy from Amazon.com or on line for any book store:

http://www.amazon.com/Making-Dressing-M … 445&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Make-Enchanting-M … 445&sr=1-3

Board footer