Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Icicles-2008-1.JPGHi.  I took these photos this morning.  There first one was around 6:30 am and the others I took as the sun was coming up and glistening on the icicles.  The pictures don;t do them justice.  They are so big, sparkly , and pretty.

Icicles-2008-02-1.JPG
Icicles-2008-03-1.JPG
Icicles-2008-05-1.JPG
Icicles-2008-06-1.JPG
icicles-2008-07-1.JPG

So I was wondering.....what do you see out of your workshop window today?

puca bears puca bears

Ye gods - that looks very pretty - but COLD, Judi!
The weather here in w.Europe is all wrong - much warmer than usual, for the time of year. It's sad, as the animal and plant life is all getting out of synch - frogs spawning already, and birds loudly proclaiming their territories, which means they are thinking of nesting. It could very easily change again - last winter, our heaviest snows came in late March.
Lovely photos though - thanks for sharing!
huggies
Maria

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Judi: That is a spectacular view....you are one lucky duck...

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Those are gorgeous, Judi, but not outside my window - thank goodness!  My daughter lives in Madison and is sick of the snow and frigid weather.  Thanks much for sharing such a beautiful winter scene.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Beautiful, Judi -- and no, I don't have those outside my window. I live in California, silly girl.

I admit to thinking, though, "Dang... Those cows must get COLD!"

bear_grin

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Wow, an icy wonderland.  Beautiful ! ! !  Right now I see tree tops out my window.  But when I move into the new room, I'll have a lake view out my window.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

It did look like that here in colorado but now most of the snow is melted and suppose to get up to
45 today, but getting hit with snow again on tues or wed! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I'm a texas girl, dont' like this cold! burrrrrrrrrr
stay warm sis!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Shelli wrote:

I admit to thinking, though, "Dang... Those cows must get COLD!"

:lol:

Oh yes, the cold, when it's really, really cold can be hard on the cows, like when it gets into the single digits.  They actually do better in cooler weather than warm.  All of our calves are wearing jackets.  They look so cute.  The good thing is they are all indoors so their body heat can keep each other warm.

FARM-picK2-1.JPG
This is for you Shelli bear_original  This is one of our girls giving you a kiss.

If we get six more inches of snow it will break a 163 year record.  Last year we had the least amount of snow in 43 years.  Like Maria said...we are having some strange weather also.

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Judi thay are amazing icicles, I don't think I have ever seen any as big as that. But I must say I am glad they are outside your window and not mine.

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Beautiful scene. I've never seen icicles like that before. Here in the desert the sun is out and the temp is about 73 today...we did have rain last Thursday, though.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Ooooh...I remember having big wonderful glistening icicles like those one winter in Central Oregon where my Grandparents lived.  They were so fun UNTIL the sun came out and they started melting and one broke off and the way it broke also broke my grandmother plate glass window in her living room.  OOOPS!!!  However, they are lovely...we use to get the grownups to break them off so we could play with them in the snow (and eat them...gross to think about it now).

I have sunshine today, Judi...and a baby calf born a few days in the pasture next to the house (our neighbors has mutt cows though... :crackup: )

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

1garden011408.jpgPics of icicles are beautiful but I'm glad I don't have the real thing. This pic is hubby's garden in the backyard. Strawberries are in!  Also califlower & cabbage.

wilma Posts: 51

Here is my view,  I took the picture a few months ago...

DSC01902.jpg

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

what a gorgeous view, im coming to live with you.

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

I can't imagine having that much snow and the icicles are spectacular.  Yesterday we had 40 degrees celcius (over 100 degrees fahrenheit) here in Brisbane   and spent most of the day in the airconditioning or in the pool.  All i can say it was HOT!

Thanks Judy for photo.  I was amazed by the amount of snow in the back ground.

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Weird weather for sure. Two weeks ago it was 16 degrees (62), a couple of days ago -1 (30) Today its around about 13 (55).

Yes I am British, we do talk about these things!  bear_tongue

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Yeah it snowed all day yesterday here, today just overcast but not snowing. We have had to shovel four foot of snow off our driveway three times and our drive way is about fifty feet long, Ouch by back). I finally broke down and bought hubs and industrial size snowblower. :dance:  bear_tongue

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ooh, a cow kiss!  My first ever.

Thank you, Judi.  bear_original

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Judi,
     What glorious pictures.  Reminds me of the icicles on our old house, when I was a child.  Don't see too many of them anymore - houses seem to be much better insulated.  You should print them off and frame them - what a gorgeous grouping.  The last one is my favourite.

hugs,

Brenda

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Oh Judi .... that looks so cold  bear_rolleyes but yet so beautiful!

We are having very hot weather over here the temp has been about 25 - 29 and we have been swimming
in the sea.

I only hope that you and your family can keep warm.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original As I am reading your comments I am also looking at your country flag under your avatar and those in the States, at your location.  This place has such a mix of climates rigth now.  We are really connected world wide here. bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Nancy-your garden looks so summery and yummy.

Carolyn-swimming in the sea!  How lovely....there aren't any sharks are there?

Kathy-just think of the calories you have burned by shoveling 50 feet of driveway three times bear_thumb

Wilma-great view from your workshop.  Are you near Port Canaveral?

Shantell- I used to eat icicles too when I was a kid.   bear_wacko  And just five minutes ago my daughter Rachel came in from outside sucking on a big icicle. bear_shocked  bear_whistle  bear_wacko

wilma Posts: 51
Judi wrote:

Wilma-great view from your workshop.  Are you near Port Canaveral?

I"m in Holland, Dordrecht, which is kinda near Rotterdam. This was a view from my window, overlooking a gas station for ships. It's actually my appartment as I don't have a workshop. It's very small but very nice to live in...

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Judi: That is one nifty looking cow you have...I think it is sweet you coats for some of them...I want one!!!

Board footer