Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

I've been feeling awful this past week, and hubby thought he would surprise me with a trip to The Olde Teddy Bear Shop in Kleinburg.  We've not been before, but it's only an hour and 15 minutes from us.  They had fabulous bears and I got to see several Forget-Me-Not bears and some of Gillian Mitchell's bears, both of which I adore.  Then hubby told me I could buy whichever one I wanted and it took me forever to decide, but this is the one I finally decided on.  It's one of Gillian's called Yo-Ho.  She is another Canadian artist, and was featured in Teddy Bear and Friends last December.  Here's a link to their shop - it's a wonderful place to browse.  They are the only North American shop that has Forget-Me-Not bears.

http://www.theoldeteddybearshoppe.com/

It's funny - we had searched the same area for a huge Bass Pro Outdoor Fishing and Sports store last fall and couldn't find it, but on the way to Kleinburg we drove right by it and hubby was thrilled, so I had to chide him that when he does nice things for me, Karma rewards him  :crackup:   Obviously, we stopped on the way back, and it really was a fabulous store!

YoHoBear-L-_my_boy.jpg

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Oh, he's a beautiful boy and how lucky are you to have your husband want to get you a teddy to make you feel better.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Adorable! Lucky you!!

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Ooooh. He is gorgeous!

Hugs!
Melanie

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

aahhhhhh - glorious bear and I hope he made you feel much better!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh he's wonderful.  bear_wub  I would love a new bear, it's simply ages since I had one. I was surrounded by so many fantastic bears yesterday and daren't buy one. It's not easy having two kids in uni! Oh well I'll just glance through my photos once again and hopefully not drool all over my keyboard.  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Brenda, what a lovely thought for your hubby to do this for you, hoped it cheered you up as it certainly cheered me up... bear_wub It is a wonderful bear and has an even special meaning now..

Jane, I remember those days when kids were at university etc.  They were lean days!

Denise,  yes, the teddy is special and I will treasure him.  I could have spent a LOT of money there, though.  I loved one of the wee Forget-Me-Not bears, but I need to win the Lotto first  :crackup:

hugs,

Brenda

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_wub   Your hubby's a keeper for sure springing for a new ted for you to feel all better with  bear_wub   And what a handsome bear too!!!   bear_flower

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Beautiful bear Brenda and I am sure that will help to make you feel better.

Lucky you!

Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Hi Brenda,  He is just absolutely wonderful - super ted.   I am so envious that you saw some Forget Me Not bears in the fur - they look just amazing.  Perfect recreations of oldies.  Your husband is a real sweetie.

Christine,
     I actually own one Forget-Me-Not bear - I was soooo lucky that a customer was selling some off and she gave me a wonderful deal AND was willing to take one of my bears as a partial trade.  It's the only way I would ever be able to own one.  This isn't a good pic, but I loooove him. It's one of Liz's.  They are incredible bears!

hugs,

Brenda

Corney_Weibe2.jpg

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Hi Brenda, Oh wow, your Forget Me Not Bruin is just fabulous.  What a gorgeous "old" boy.  He is just an amazing re-creation in every way.  I'm coming over for a hug one day!!!

bhbears Bearhaven Bears
Merrickville, Ontario

Oh Brenda you lucky lady I'm sooooo in love with your new friend  bear_wub  next real tea party you will have to bring him along for show and tell.  Your Neil is one sweetie no matter how much he drives you nuts he really knows how to make a gal feel better, nothing like a new bear to make even the most icky sick feelings seem less icky.  Take care of yourself Brenda hope your feeling better ASAP.
Hugs Deb

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Oh Brenda
You are so lucky
He is so beautiful.  bear_wub  bear_wub
:hug:

Thanks for all the lovely comments - YoHo is my new constant companion.   He sits and watches me as I sew.

Deborah, I can't wait till we can "do tea" again.  Maybe once the weather gets nicer in the spring.  I really miss getting together!

hugs,

Brenda

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Brenda what a sweetheart of a bear he is. Lucky lucky you.

Board footer