Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

I know it sounds like maybe a dance akin to the Mambo or something but it's not.  It's actually a FREE (yep, you read it right) website building software that I've been trying to learn for the past three weeks.  I've had it up to my eyeballs with FrontPage and when I went to publish something in FrontPage this morning it went all wonky on me and I actually lost my entire site.  Thank goodness I believe in backing things up because I was able to re-publish it from scratch but in doing so it totally took out my test site for Joomla as well.  So I had to start over again bear_ermm .

So my question here is does anyone else use Joomla to build/maintain their website?  Can anyone recommend a good Joomla! book?  I'm off to the store this weekend to buy one and I was hoping someone would have some good advice.

I'm using Joomla 1.0 by the way...

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Sorry Lisa I can't help you with that, but I use www.freewebs.com to build and maintain my website and honestly if I can do it anyone can.

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Thanks Patsy!  Actually, I'm pretty good at picking up new software and just learning it but with trying to make bears and having the little "helpers" there giving me suggestions  :doh:  it just would help to have maybe a book or something this time to "teach" me the tricks without me having to figure them out for myself!  Gotta preserve the gray matter for other things!

Anyway, if anyone wants to try Joomla for their website, give me a ring in about two weeks and hopefully I'll have my website up and be further along the learning curve.

Board footer