Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Hi.....we are (hubby & I) planning a trip to the Netherlands in April and wondered if anyone had any tips as to best place to stay and any beary places to visit. We'll probably fly into Amsterdam to begin with....but would be happy to stay out of the city and explore a bit further afield. Has anyone ever stayed on a Dutch barge?....just a thought!
Hugs Lynne  :hug:

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Hello Ellen....thank you so much for all this information....I knew you were lovely when I met you at Hugglets!  bear_wub  I agree we'd like to avoid the cities mainly...although some shopping would be good!
I will go on google maps and find the locations you have suggested and keep you posted  bear_thumb
Hope your little dog is feeling much better  bear_original
Hugs Lynne  :hug:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Well now I want to GO!!!!  you make it sound totally enchanting Ellen. :dance:  :dance:
Wendy

I went looking at info on the Ouwehands Dierenpark and came across this link for Hotels and accomodation in the Netherlands.
http://www.booking.com/country/nl.html? … 1888c8f0de

I thought it would give you a place to start.

wilma Posts: 51

Ha, I live in holland too, in Dordrecht, near Rotterdam. We have a lot of old buildings here in center which would be nice to visit, and a nice shop full of steiff bears and bear supplies also. I do not have any idea of a good place to stay here in Dordrecht, but visiting the area would be nice perhaps. This is the bearshop...

http://www.berelijn.com/

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Thank you Wendy for the link of hotels....I took a look it's a good site and will spend more time going through the hotels.
Thanks Wilma for the link to the bear shop in Dordrecht....it sounds like an interesting place to visit too.
Ellen it seems we need to stay for a month at least as I'd love to visit both the east, which you have tempted me with and also the west area! I'm thinking now we should drive 'cause then we will have the car to travel around the whole area!
Thank you all...hugs Lynne  :hug:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Nice teddy shop Wilma.
Sometimes I can be useful Lynne.  bear_grin

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

OOOOH, NEXT TIME I SEND YOU YOUR GOODIES, ILL POP IN A DUTCH TRANSLATION BOOK IF I CAN FIND IT, MY HUBBY USED TO WORK THERE.
I THINK THE COVER HAS BEEN CHEWED BY THE DOG BUT THEN SO HAS THE REST OF MY HOUSE!

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Thanks Kim....I have this wonderful picture of your puppy chewing its way round the house...collecting shoes, socks, toys anything in its path!  :crackup: You must have to hide your bears all the time too  bear_rolleyes
Ellen you're right Dutch people speak English really well....but it's nice to 'have a go' at the language when you visit a new country....also I'm usually the one trying to read the map and the signs! 
:hug:

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Gosh that's a lot to remember about road stripes Ellen!....but thank you! Yes we are favouring the train at the moment. Hope the vet visit goes well.  :hug:

ps. have you considered giving Caya Aloe Vera to drink, to boost her immune system, for her allergy. We drink it and haven't had a cold for years! You can get it with cranberries too...good for the kidneys and bladder. A vet friend also gives it to her horse. I can always send you some to try..... bear_original

Board footer