Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Did I mention Dad has been working on some knitted and felted handbags/purses in between bears and bunnies? Yes, his talents are endless!
(He's my Dad, I can boast, right?)

Have a look!!

DadHandbag1.jpg

DadHandbag2.jpg

They measure 9 in. x 11 in. x 3 in. and are made with a special mohair blend yarn... it's actually meant for making striped socks! He made the buttons himself too.

Mom and I are going to be fighting over these.... we both like the second one!! bear_laugh He's actually working on bag #5 now!

nandesign Posts: 361

Oh Daphne...your Dad has a wealth of talent! Those bags are beautiful! Man, you have a whole new line...Bags & Bunnies!

All the best. Hugs,
Nancy

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Daphne, bear_flower

Is there no end to your Dad's talents!!!!  These bags are simply gorgeous!  I love the whole design and the colours blend really nicely!  Such a clever bunny!!  I wish I could work as fast as him!  Well done AGAIN Frank!! :clap:  :clap: Please pass on my best wishes.

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

Wow!!!!  I am so completely impressed by your Dad's creativity!!!!  These are just stunning!!! bear_thumb   Well done Frank!!!!! :clap:

lulu sweet souls
canton, new york

Wow, Daphne!  I own a little knitting shop so I see a lot of people's projects and those are the best felted bags I've seen in a very long time.
Please tell your Dad I think his work is wonderful. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   Love the buttons!
hugs,
Louisa/LuLu

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

These bags are just beautiful! I love the knitted/felted bags and the colors are striking on both bags. It's wonderful that through all of Dad's health issues, he's so productive. Now, I wonder if you'll be selling these!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Marilyn - He did start working on these back in November or December but he's certainly creating bags and bunnies faster than I can make bears!! Guess I didn't inherit his work ethics!  bear_tongue

Louisa - He'll be very pleased to hear your compliments!!

Marlys - they will be available for purchase at my booth at the New England Spring Teddy Bear Show March 29th. Those that don't sell will then be available on my website and in my Etsy shop. Same goes for his bears and bunnies.

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Wow, those bags are really stunning!  The patterns are amazing.  Your dad is really talented!!!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I LOVE them!!!  You're dad is such a gem!!!  Is he making them in different sizes.  I can't imagine that you will have any left over.  I'd snatch one up in a heartbeat.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Daphne,
     OMGosh - they are stunning!  I like them both, but I think I agree with you and your mum -  the last one has lots of beautiful fall colours that I adore.  Maybe you could sign on as his agent LOL!  Frank, you are one talented fella!!!

hugs,

Brenda

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Gosh, Frank . . . you da man!!!  Those purses are waaaaay impressive and I can't imagine any of your creations  that won't sell out at Daphne's show.  The colors are lovely and blend so well . . . you could make "seasonal" bags.  Winter, summer, spring, fall colors - and every lady would, of course, need four.  Great work!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Wow, those bags are really fabulous! I'm sure all your dad's creations will be sellouts!

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Marlys - they will be available for purchase at my booth at the New England Spring Teddy Bear Show March 29th. Those that don't sell will then be available on my website and in my Etsy shop. Same goes for his bears and bunnies.

Ah, Daphne, you're way ahead of me. I was going to suggest you take these to your spring show. I hope your dad is able to be there for at least part of the time. What a thrill it would be for him to see and hear all ooohs and aaahs over his bears, bunnies and bags. I expect none will be left for Etsy, but I'll be looking.

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

WOW what wonderful bags and I too agree that the colours are very eye appealing.It is truly wonderful to see a male take up a hobby which for most people would be seen as something only women do. Kudos to your Dad
Hugs
Gail bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Dilu Posts: 8,574
Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Daphne those are just beautiful!!!!!   bear_wub

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

WOW these are brilliant Frank. Way to go!!!!!!Is there no end to your talent? :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
Wendy

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh they are stunning! I want I want!

He's very talented Daph!

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Wow what a talented man your Dad is Daphne, I love the bags  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

wilma Posts: 51

nice bags! :clap:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Well done Frank...Daphne your dad is great, how productive he has been and seeing how ill he has been ...well what a guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The little bags are really lovely. I like the top one's colours the best, it would go well with my new jacket.  bear_thumb

Good luck at the show, I'm sure everything will be snapped up really quickly.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Those purses are really REALLY nice! I love the colors. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   I am sure they will sell out. :dance:

Has you dad ever tried using one strand of mohair yarn while knitting the purses?  It is incredible how it 'fuzzes' up during the washing/felting process.  It works very well with bears and I think it would make for some really neat effects on his purses too.  Just a thought. bear_flower

When did your dad start knitting?

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Your dad is so talented, Daphne...

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Wow, he missed his calling in earlier life....Daphne, he has a gift!!!

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

:clap:  bear_wub Great work Frank, the handbags are just the best not to mention the brears and hares.  Talented man you are, that must be where Daphne gets the gene from.  Keep up the great work, would love to see some more.
Thanx to you Daphne for showing us the goods!

Board footer