Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

breck-034.jpgI have just finished this latest "creation".  I realize that it looks like a rabbit head on a weenie dog body.  Actually, my aim was to make an antique style bunny.  Like the pictures from the very old Peter Rabbit books etc.  Personally, I love him.  However, I will not be selling to myself, so I would like to hear what you all think.

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH, I instantly broke into a broad smile..................that says it all bear_wub  bear_wub

Adorable

lulubears Posts: 280

I think this piece is just adorable!  Besides, who doesn't love bunnies and weenie dogs?  A great combination!

Luann

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH, I instantly broke into a broad smile..................that says it all

Immediately my response, too. This bunny is just adorable. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Mine too.  I love it ! ! !  My first thought was that it looked like a bunny/weenie dog too, hmmm a buneenie  :crackup:  :crackup: . But a tooo, tooo cute one.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

I think the bunny is very unique and cute!  bear_original

lulu sweet souls
canton, new york

"Awwwwww..." from me, too!  He's a darling!
hugs,
Louisa

DebbieD Posts: 3,540
Swan Valley Bears wrote:

Mine too.  I love it ! ! !  My first thought was that it looked like a bunny/weenie dog too, hmmm a buneenie  :crackup:  :crackup: . But a tooo, tooo cute one.

:crackup:  'buneenie'??  :crackup:   But I'm another who thinks its a very very cute bunny....and very distinctive.   bear_wub   It reminds me of when the buns try to be brave, and they stretch waaaaay out to see something new, but aren't fully brave to hop all the way forward.    bear_tongue

Sammybeardog Hobart Bears
Ferndale, Michigan

I thought he looked vintage Steiff like.  Really nice job. 

Karen

Stellajella Wien

Hi Nina,
this is a lovely sweet bunny! bear_wub  It´s extraordinary and cute. I woulnd´t change it a bit!
The reason, why it reminds sof a dog...somehow...is, because the body might be a tad bit too long, but in my humble oppinions this is exactly, what makes this bunny so charming!

Gaby bear_flower

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Aww gollygeewhiz, Nina, he is too cute for words!  O dpn't think you will have any trouble selling new style.

dilu

The Rabbit Maker The Rabbit Maker
England
Website

Hi
I think he's looking great but if Iwas too make an alteration I would just reduce the length of his body a little bit because the front end and back  are fine I think they just need to be closer together.

You can only try it and see what happens.
Hope this helps.
Shelly.

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Awww...he is totally very unique indeed and cute. He will sell because he is different from a regular bunnny.  He does look like a hare that are out in the desert and is out watching something way far away bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug: I would not change a thing on him,but you can always make more in other colors.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

So sweet bear_wub  your bunny has the look of an antique.

Hugs
Carolyn
  bear_flower

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

he does look like a wabbie doesn't he?   bear_grin  bear_wub

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Well it is simply adorable....

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Waaaay cute, Nina!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

YEP!! can't beat a broad smile Millie. bear_grin  :dance:

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Thank you all so much.  I really appreciate your opinions.  I do plan to make another one with silver velvet (if I can find it).  I think it would then look like my rabbit, Gracie.  She is a rex rabbit and feels very much like velvet.  This bunny does remind me of Gracie when she is stretched out in her threatening pose, which she does a lot.  She is very sassy.

hazelseuser Auburn, Indiana

I love the caricatures - and he certainly is one!   And - he has that "pick me up" quality.

Board footer