Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

UPDATE for Thurs................ Well last night was pretty bad we were up half the night, but once we got the pain meds going she was fine,
She is eating great and resting well today, with the pain meds going regular now, she should have a much better night tonight.
I think I have had about 7 hours sleep in the last 2 days, so today when she is sleeping I will be too! LOL

tiffsurgeryday1sm.jpg

Well this morning is finally over, we had a wonderful Dr. he is old friends with my father n law. We got Tiffani to the clinic at 7:15, he gave her a pre-anesthesia shot to relax her and we got to visit with her about 15 minutes, then they took her back, this was about 7:45, we left and had breakfast, we got a call at 9:00 and said everything was finished, he said the acl was only about a 5% tear and he fixed the medial patella luxation on that knee and did xrays to check her hip. We went back to the clinic at 10:30, they put us in a recovery room and we got to hold tiffani in a blanket and watch her sleep, she was waking up more and more as time went on. She has a wrap type cast on the leg with the foot covered. This will be removed on sunday. Stitches out in a few weeks. He put her on Cephalexin and Tramadol for pain. We left the clinic at 1:00 Tiffani was sitting up in the back seat with me the entire 30 minute ride, we got home and I put her to bed, she has lapped water twice between naps, he said to feed her around 6:00. She seems to be relaxed and in no pain. Maybe we will have a good night!
Just glad it is alllllllllll over!
Thanks for all the sweet emails and well wishes everyone!!!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Hooray for brave little Tiffani!!  So glad everything went well!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Glad everything went ok for Tiffani :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Laurie :hug:

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Oh that is such fantastic news, i am so glad it all went well  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs  :hug:
Vicki

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh Tami I am so pleased to hear that Tiffani is doing ok. I'm sending her all my good wishes and hope she is soon 100% perfect again.

Puppy hugs, Jane.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Tami sis, your sweet doggie will up and running around just like new before you know it.  :hug:  :hug:  My Mandi had the same surgery and you'd never know it seeing her today.

BIG GIANT PUPPY HUGS, Judi :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Tami I think I missed your  original post, but I'm so glad to hear things are going well for Tiffani  bear_wub

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

What wonderful news.  Just give her lots of pampering - she deserves it!!  Thanks for the update!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I am so happy to hear that Tiffani is back home and doing great. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:clap:  :clap: Wonderful news!!!  Your vet sounds like solid gold letting you stay with your girlie so much.  Do be sure you stay on top of the pain meds for her, but I'm sure she'll recover in no time  :hug:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

So happy to hear Tiffani came through with flying colors. :hug:  :hug:

wilma Posts: 51

glad to hear everything went fine! We had the same surgery done on our husky a few years ago after she made a wrong step while playing with a much heavier dog that fell over her. She is doing fine since and we are glad we had the surgery done then. It's so painful to see a dog suffer... I hope she will recover soon. We had a schedule then to what moves we could make and how long to walk and things like that. It seemed like a long way to go, but after a few months she could walk again as if nothing ever happened to her leg. We had to limit the painkillers very soon after the surgery because when she didn't feel the pain she wanted to walk too much and force herself into pain. She had a 100% tear by the way... I still remember so well sitting and waiting in the clinic when she was being operated and all the other people sitting there with their dogs with one shaved paw, it made me laugh :redface:

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

That is awesome Tami! Our little furry friends are like our children. When they get sick we have broken hearts. I am so glad all is well.

Hugs Louise

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Awww bless her, she's beautiful.  So glad she is doing well.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Pauline

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Awwww get well soon Tiffani  bear_wub lynne bear_flower

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh you gorgeous little girl, just looking at her picture makes me want to hug her. I bet she's wondering what on earth has happened to her. I hope she gets well very quickly and can get rid of the bandages, I'm sure she will feel much happier then. It's a good idea to sleep whilst Tiffani sleeps, bless her she looks such a precious little girl. Take care.

Hugs, Jane.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer