Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

We're well into spring at my house.  Just thought I'd show you a little part of it.  We had a bad hailstorm last week, so there is debris everywhere, but the blossoms stood firm (even persisted through the silly snow we had back in February).  The bluish purple irises come up to above my waist - they're TALL!  I love spring . . . my favorite time of year, followed closely by fall.  We had a warm, cloudy day today - perfect for taking photos.  Hope you enjoy. 
Spring_in_DO_1.jpg Spring_in_DO_2.jpg Spring_in_DO_3.jpg Spring_in_DO_4.jpg Spring_in_DO_5.jpg Spring_in_DO_6.jpg Spring_in_DO_7.jpg Spring_in_DO_8.jpg Spring_in_DO_9.jpg Spring_in_DO_10.jpg Spring_in_DO_11.jpg Spring_in_DO_12.jpg

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

SpringBulbs.jpgGORGEOUS flowers Sue Ann!  thanks for sharing.  We are still kinda just "getting there" in N.E. Ohio.  We've finally had a few days of 60+ temperatures... here's what it was looking like last week...

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Spring in Arizona, On Saturday and Sunday it is supposed to be almost 100, can't wait till summer
Joanne

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Great pics SueAnn, I don't know if you could say we are having spring here in colorado, LOL
suppose to snow tomorrow, my husbands say it is called a spring snow, that does not sound like spring to this texas gal!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Sue Ann,
    Oh, be still my heart -- FLOWERS!!!!!  We have been having lovely spring weather and I did spend the afternoon cleaning up my garden - I have lots of green shoots but no flowers yet.  Thanks so much for the pictures!  Spring and fall are definitely my favourites, too.

hugs,

Brenda

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Ooooh, Pretty, I'm afraid there is nothing green here yet, We still have snow. bear_sad

Hugs!
Melanie

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Oh, Sue Ann. The flowers are beautiful, but I'm absolutely in love with your property...the woodsy, rustic look.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, wow! That's what spring looks like! I thought it looked like 2 feet of dirty old snow!  :crackup:  bear_cry
Yeah, I was out cleaning up my garden too.... shoveling SNOW off it! bear_rolleyes
I have an iris bed but I'm not too sure how well it'll do this year. Its got a long way to go before it even sees the light of day. bear_noexpression
I'm so glad you shared those pictures, Sue Ann. Gives me a bit of hope. bear_flower

Rainebears Rainebears
Wellington, New Zealand

Lovely spring flowers Sue Ann. It is autumn here and there is a nip in the air. I have hardly any flowers left in the garden but there are still a few roses that are flowering.

nandesign Posts: 361

Beautiful spring pics Sue Ann...I can just smell those flowers!

Hugs, Nancy bear_flower

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Sue Ann- that garden of yours looks delightful- no wonder your bear creations are so wonderful having that surrounding you. Where about do you live ?

In England one of the most pretty things I cant wait to see when visiting at this time of the years is all the bulbs which are just growing everywhere you look. This is not a common thing in SA.

Like NZ and OZ we are starting to go into Autumn and have the leaves falling off and turning the golden browns and oranges. Also very pretty but I think Springtime must be my ideal season.

Lynette

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi All,
In the north west of England (lake District), we have had a few cold day not too much snow, and plenty of spring sunshine. The flowers are coming through, naturally the daffodils have been out sometime. But everywhere you are seeing buds growing, on the trees and on the ground. Not long know,and the gardens will be full of blooms.
Lovr Kayx.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

What lovely pics!  We're having Spring now too, but at the weekend we had very heavy snow for a day and it zapped my tulips ...

tulipsnow.jpg

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia
SueAnn wrote:

We're well into spring at my house.  Just thought I'd show you a little part of it.  We had a bad hailstorm last week, so there is debris everywhere, but the blossoms stood firm (even persisted through the silly snow we had back in February).  The bluish purple irises come up to above my waist - they're TALL!  I love spring . . . my favorite time of year, followed closely by fall.  We had a warm, cloudy day today - perfect for taking photos.  Hope you enjoy.

Beautiful photos Sue Ann! It's autumn here and all I have is debris...but not like yours.

Glenn is revamping the back garden, building a pergola and paving. So right now, it's absolutely full of builders debris, heaps of dirt, rubbish and compost bins that need to be moved...UGH!!! YUK!!!

Can I come live with you???  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Sue Ann,

Beautiful!!!  I will be in Texas next month.  I sure am hoping to see some of these beautiful spring beauties.  Will I be too late or too early for the blue bonnets and indian paintbrushes?  Hopefully right on time.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

What beautiful pictures !  The past 3 days have been warm here and actually feel like spring.   Last week was bitter cold, yesterday was 18C  !!  Woohoo !!   I decided to look in my garden and was shocked and thrilled  to actually see one lonely  little crocus in bloom.   So there is hope  bear_flower

Crocus.jpg

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

oooh Laurel, can I come live with you? heehee, that looks so pretty! I am so sick and tired of winter.. but they are predicting +20c this saturday so that just might take care of what is left of the snow!

Hugs!
Melanie

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Sue Ann, your pictures are a breath of fresh air.  It is beautiful to see the perfection of nature. How I long to have flowers bloom here.  It shouldn't be long now.   bear_innocent  bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Many thanks to all of you for your responses - I enjoyed hearing about and seeing signs of spring (or fall, in some cases) from your part of the world. 

Lynette - I live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area . . . north central Texas.  Texas is in the central southern part of the USA and has a milder climate than the more northern states.  Thank you for the nice bear compliment!

Sandi - certainly you may come live with me - we'll have a ball!

Nina - think you will miss most of the bluebonnets, but the Indian paintbrushes may still be around . . . they tend to last a little longer.  Something should be blooming in May.

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

Well I am in central Texas (Austin) and today it was a gorgeous 83ยบ and clear as a bell. All my flowers are blooming while my asthma and allergies are going bezerk. In fact I have laryngitis right now and feel like crappo.

teeeej Brisbane

Aww those flowers are soo beautiful. The weather here at the moment can't decide if it wants to be warm or cool. I really wish it would make up it mind and become cool. I love Brisbane winters - cool enough to wear several layers of clothing and being able to snuggle up in bed. It rarely gets really really cold and it does not snow here. Enjoy the nice weather everyone!!!!

puca bears puca bears

Well - I misread this one - I saw "Spring, where are you?" ......which about sums it up!
We've had the odd nice day - temp up to  20C+ a couple of weeks ago, snow last Monday, and most of all RAIN.
This morning it looked more like November, with the hill tops vanished into thick mist..........SIGH.............
huggies
Maria

bearsbyTracey BearsbyTracey
Wellington, New Zealand

Lovely Flowers Sue ann
However  we are in autumn at present and heading for winter.
We had a lovely summer in Lower Hutt New Zealand. Lots of fine days so I am hoping for a mild winter. All my boys (3) had there first games of soccer so I am hoping that there will not be many games cancelled this winter as last year. My daughter hasn't started her netball season yet. Our saturdays are going to a real rush for the next couple of months!!!
Hugs
Tracey

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Sue Ann, Kim, Tammy and Laurel: I am jealous, jealous, jealous!!! We had snow yesterday, today and forecast for tomorrow.  It is a damp cold  which makes if feel worse than it is....But I have to say, I love the pictures and I can vision Spring is around the corner for us Minnesotans.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

We're definitely late with Spring in Missouri.  Our daffodils are still tightly wrapped in their little buds.  Only the silly dilly magnolia tree's decided to bloom.  And even its taken two months later than previous years (I think last year's snow storm may have finally trained it to wait a bit).  None of our trees have their buds yet.  It looks really wierd because last week it was gorgeous and warm, and now we're bundled back up and the winds and freezing rain is back. 

Thanks for all the gorgeous flower pics Sue Ann  :hug:   It gives me hope that there will be a spring yet  bear_flower

Board footer