Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:pray:  I'm hoping I can get some help with this one.  I was less than pleased the last time I shipped my bears via the USPS to the UK.  I was attempting to find out how much it costs to ship one to the UK via UPS but I have to admit, I got utterly confused.   bear_wacko

The boxes I ship are 8" x 8'' x 8'' and the bears weigh less than 2 lbs.  The only thing I'm coming up with is a same day delivery for something like $115.00  bear_shocked

While I admit this is a reasonable price for jet setting a bear, I can hardly charge a customer $115 for shipping!!  Especially since that's practically the price of one of my bears. 

Has anyone found reasonable shipping for a bear to the UK??  Should I just bite the bullet and stick with the USPS?  Or is there a more reasonable price via UPS that I'm missing??

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Debbie, I checked on ebay's shipping calculator, (thats probably where you looked)  and I think that UPS does not do ground delivery to the UK, only Canada, which makes sense.  They could not get it there by ground.  I sell lots on ebay and I always use USPS I print labels online and they have never lost anything yet.  For my bears I use Auctiva to sell and they offer more insurance than USPS.  If you ship priority international they will offer insurance, and some is included in the rate,  1st class international you can't get insurance. 
Joanne

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

I use UPS in the states and USPS for overseas. I have always had good luck.

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

I shipped to Sweden USPS Priority Mail (6-10 days) insured, less than one pound in a 12x8x5 box and it was $23.00. I had no problems.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

.... looks like USPS it shall remain then.  Thanks for the replies  :hug:

pma2003 Seamore Collectibles
CT

I agree, go with the USPS , as I have had very good luck with them..

Board footer