Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Everyone,

Gee it seems like ages since I've started a new topic!! So, here's goes!

I'm wondering what bear sales are like around Christmas time?  Both on webpages and through eBay.  I'm in two mind sets. I don't know which way it'll go!  I think either sales will be up, because people will be buying bears as gifts, either for themselves or for others, OR sales will be down, because people AREN'T buying bears as gifts for others or themselves.

I'm just wondering?  I've just gotten a retail order (For four bears!), which means I'll have basically nothing left on my webpage and I need to make bears to fill the order.  I know I'll be able to fill my webpage up again, I've just had a bit of a rush on bears lately, so I don't know how quickly!

So, what are people's thoughts on sales during the Jolly season?  Up or down?

Danni

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Well...my experience is..probably different from everyone else.. that sales can dwindle. I do think most people buy bears  for themselves and when they are spending on gifts for Christmas that can curtail bear buying habits.

However, I have had men buy them for wives....but like perfume...paintings and clothes they are personal choice items and usually the collector likes to see for themselves.

I find it picks up at the end of January when people start looking again.

I can't speak for eBay...on that enigma I know very little!!

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

When I had a bear shop 6 years ago we had the most sales up to Christmas including those male Christmas eve shoppers! A lot of women would drop heavy hints to what they wanted, including telling me to stear their men folk in the right direction. I got a few just after as like myself a lot of women have 'a christmas box' an old fashioned word for money. The ebay thing? I'm hoping its busy, but who can tell. I would love some input on that one.

Board footer