Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO

I have been making some bears (general bear pattern) using scrap material... My bedtime bear was all sewn up and I was sitting down, relaxing, and stuffing it.'.. All of the sudden my cute little bear  bear_wub became the Exorcist bear.  bear_shocked  I had sewn the head on backwards!!!   :crackup:

I still have not removed the head to fix it. I am not sure I can stop laughing enough when I look at it to do so.

I would love to hear other OOPS storie....

bear_flower Sheryl

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

How in the world did you do that !!! :crackup:

Some times some of my OOPS turned out to be my best,so it can work for you too !!
I know I have put a arm on the wrong side before when I made larger bears, when I used pop rivets !! It was a real chore to get it off !!!  :crackup:

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO

He is a non jointed bear. I thought I had marked the back so when I tucked his head inthe body to sew it i must have put it in backwards :crackup: I still cannot look at it...  :crackup: Oh joy Oh joy....... :dance:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I've gotten the legs on backwards a few times... if I'd done the head backwards too I'd have been all set! :crackup:

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Too funny.... maybe you should keep him that way for when ever you need a good laugh !!! Hide him some where then bring him out when you have a bad day. bear_grin

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin
Hi Sheryl , hang in there! We have all had some oops, I remember when I first started making bears, I bought some cheap fur from the material store to practice on,  got all the pieces put together, spent 2 hours doing my needle felted nose and both eyes, guess I had over stuffed the head and with the fur being cheap, the back gusset seam on the head busted open! I was about ready to cry, I learned to not OVER stuff and started using mohair  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Board footer