Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

We had a fantastic time in Australia, catching up with family and friends. I'd thought I'd share some pictures with you...

oz10.jpg
A Horny Devil at the Reptile Centre in Alice Springs

oz8.jpg
James with a Bearded Dragon...I used to own 2 of these and it made me really miss mine  bear_sad

oz14.jpg
James and William feeding the Rock Wallabies in Alice Springs

oz15.jpg
William and I feeding the Rock Wallabies

oz13.jpg
A beautiful place in Alice Springs called Simpsons Gap

oz19.jpg
Ayers Rock (aka Uluru)....I think the beauty of this place speaks for itself

oz1.jpg
Can you tell I don't like my picture being taken??!

oz3.jpg
Walking at the base of Ayers Rock

oz5.jpg
Some of the beautiful rock formations at Ayers Rock

oz4.jpg
James and William shading themselves from the sun at Ayers Rock

oz18.jpg
A wild goanna (a pygmy goanna I think)

oz17.jpg
James and William playing with the famous red sand in the Northern Territory

oz7.jpg
The beautiful sunset near Ayers Rock

oz2.jpg
The stunning sunrise near Ayers Rock....just look at those gorgeous colours!

oz6.jpg
Me with my boys

oz20.jpg
James and William feeding the kangaroos in Melbourne

oz11.jpg
A koala at the conservation centre on Phillip Island

oz9.jpg
On the famous Puffing Billy in the Dandenongs

oz16.jpg
Clare (Clarebear) and me.

oz12.jpg
Sandi (bearlysane) and me.

Meeting Clare and Sandi was WONDERFUL - they are both such wonderful ladies!  bear_flower  :hug:

I can't leave this post without sharing a picture of my 2 new bears I brought home with me...
oz21.jpg
On the left is Pansy Purple by Sandi and on the right is a sweet little pipe cleaner bear called Alice (named by James!) by Clare. Thank you so much girls - I just LOVE my wonderful gifts!  :hug:

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO

You are so lucy. It has been a drem of mine to go there.  bear_ermm Thank you for sharing. Someday I sure hope to get there! bear_wub

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Ooooh, Gemma, thank you so much for sharing your beautiful pictures from your holidays in Australia.
It looks like you enjoyed yourself a lot...

I do hope I can go to Australia too. There are some TTers I burn to meet there. Plus I have always wanted to visit Australia.  bear_tongue

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Outstanding photos, Gemma!  And aren't your boys handsome!  Loved seeing Australia's unique animals and beautiful terrain; also enjoyed seeing Sandi and Clare up close and personal (well, sort of).  My dream vacation would be to OZ and New Zealand . . . I'd better hurry.

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub  :clap: Thanx so much for the Austrailian tour, the places were beautiful, and my granddaughter has a bearded dragon.  How nice to meet Sandi and Clare, I would know that bearlysane  bear anywhere, she has a unique style.  It must have been so great to meet them, as they you! Thanx, for sharing.

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

The pics. are wonderful Gemma.
It looks like a fantastic trip.
Thanks for sharing.
:hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Lovely photos Gemma, and its great to see Clare and Sandi too.  Sad that Australia is so big otherwise we could have done a big meet up :0(   I've never been to the top end, its definitely different to the south.  Gorgeous bears too!!

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

What lovely pictures. It looks like you had a spendid time! And you got two little bears, to boot. Great!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

:clap:  :clap: what wonderful photos. I am sooooo glad you enjoyed yourself over here. It is a beautiful country aye?
Great to see you all in 'person'.
It's a shame you didnt visit WA. You could have come away with a Puddle. hehehehe bear_thumb

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Lovely pics, and very cute bears!!

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Wow, looks like you had a brilliant time Gemma.  The scenery looks so breathtaking, would love to go sometime.  Your little ones are cute.

Pauline

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Gemma, you lucky girl. Wow what a wonderful trip you have had, I am gradually turning green here.  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  Thanks for sharing your great photographs with us. I especially like the one of 'William and I feeding the Rock Wallabies' the look on your little lad's face is wonderful.  bear_grin  How nice for you to have met up with Sandi and Clare and to come back home with two wonderful new bears for your collection.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

Lovely photos Gemma ; lucky you  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  I would love to visit Australia some day .....
How wonderful to meet up with Sandi and Clare too !  :dance:
Green Hugs ,
Ruth  bear_original

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Hi Gemma, that must have been the most wonderful trip, brings back lots of happy memories when I visited a lot of those places backpacking in Australia when I'd graduated from uni.  Thanks for sharing the photos  bear_thumb  bear_smile

Hugs,
Catherine xx

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Great pictures Gemma (all bar one).

I really enjoyed our day out, chatting and shopping and lunching and chatting...boy did we chat!  :crackup:

When's your next visit?

puca bears puca bears

I can't believe that you're back already, Gemma!!! Sounds like you had a tremendous time, and the pics are wonderful..........got me all nostalgic here - the days when I lived in Perth, and took a trip to the Alice and Uluru.
Oh, and seeing one of my all time favourites - the little Horny Devil (I'm sure they used to be called Mountain Devils) - whatever.....they are just so exquisite. Sadly tho - their only method of protection is to flatten themselves when threatened........which doesn't work with cars. I saw so many squished ones before I finally met a live one - I remember creeping closer and closer.......then just picked him up, and he sat on my hand, quite unperturbed!
Thanks for sharing
big huggies
Maria

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Many thanks for sharing your photos Gemma - looks like you had a lovely time away.

Great that you met up with Sandi and Clare.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

ps. It was good to see your adorable bears at the Sydney Bear fair. bear_original

staticbear76 Posts: 222

those pictures are beautiful you made our day mom is so ahppy to see such beautiful pics of australia thank you gemma for showing us and those purple daisylike flowers are those by any chance eyebright flowers.

bearkidz bearkidz by Marion Fraile
charlotte
Website

Thank you for sharing these nice pictures.  bear_flower You have two wonderful boys who seem to have enjoyed the trip a lot.

Australia is such a beautiful country, if it only were not so far away, I would have returned again sooner.  Seeing the pictures of Uluru reminds me of the most incredible time I was able to spend there.

bear hugs,
Marion bear_original

Board footer