Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

teeeej Brisbane

Today I posted my entries for my first ever competition! I am so excited. I am three weeks early but I had to get them out from under my feet! Ive got three workshops happening in between the two bear shows that are happening next month here in Qld. I am taking a week off and I think i will be totally exhausted. bear_happy

Does anyone have any interesting stories from competitions?? I would love to hear some....

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

Congratulations on entering your first comp!  No wonder you are excited!  I wish you lots of luck (I'm sure your bears are gorgeous). :clap:

I have only been making bears for just over 12 months now and entered my 1st comp last year as a Novice (Sydney Teddy Bear Fair) so I know what you're going through right now.  I was very nervous, wondering if I had done the right thing and taken that first big step 'out there', but 12 months down the track and I'm not sorry at all.  In fact, I re-entered Sydney again this year (People's Choice & Critique) and also the Central Coast Doll & Bear Fair - I tell you, it's addictive, as you try to outdo yourself and produce a better bear!

The waiting is a killer, but I'm sure time will fly by quickly and the show/s will be here before you know it!  AND you have the workshops to look forward to as well!

I wish you well.

Marg  bear_original

Board footer