Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

I know that here on TT are a few "Harry Potter" books and movies ( PC games too ) fans and I just heard on TV that the actor that portrait him is dead!! I am just hoping is a mistake ! They said he was stabbed in a bar in London.
Does anybody  else knows more?
Gladys

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Hey Gladys, I just looked this up:

Robert Knox, 18, who acted alongside Daniel Radcliffe in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, became the 28th teenager killed in Britain this year, and the 10th in London to die from stab wounds.

Relatives said his role as Marcus Belby in the film, due for release in November, was set to launch his career as an actor.

Mr Knox was a member of the same rugby club as Jimmy Mizen, the 16-year-old "gentle giant" fatally stabbed in nearby Lee, south-east London, two weeks ago.

So its not Daniel Radcliffe, but someone else... still sad though bear_sad I wish people would stop stabbing each other, its so pointless...

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Hi  Chloe
I am glad that it was not true about Daniel but, like you said, is so sad not the less! All of them are so young, just starting their lifes! The Lord rest his soul and help his love ones go though their pain
Thanks for letting us know.
Bear hugs.
Gladys bear_flower

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I am thoroughly shocked by this sad waste of a young life with so much potential. Isn't it about time those who think it's fine to carry weapons using the excuse that it's to defend themselves just owned up and said that it is quite the opposite. That is why this bright young man died for no reason leaving his  poor parents and his brother in total shock. It's horrific and we ought to stop this criminal use of knives and guns. Too many lives are being needlessly taken by people who don't have the brains to realise what they are doing is wrong.
Sorry to spout off , but I feel really strongly about this and the death of this poor boy has just underlined exactly why I detest this dreadful culture so much.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Jenny,
     I agree - stabbings seem to be the "current way" for our young people to do each other in.  There are a lot of stabbings in Canada and even kids are carrying these items to school.  They are just getting more and more clever about concealing them.  I don't understand it - I am so glad I am not raising children in this day and age, but I worry about our grandson.  Hopefully he will embrace small town culture and always want to stay away from the large cities, where this kind of thing is becoming an every day occurance.   I feel so terrible for this lads family and it is such a waste of a bright life.

hugs,

Brenda

Board footer