Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Can someone give me a pointer or two please?  I don't use Ebay very often, but have just listed my 'Loretta' bear on ebay.co.uk.  I have clicked the 'available worldwide' button, but noticed when I check on .com she doesn't seem to show on the listings.  I'm a bit confused now as to whether I should be doing something else as well.  Any advice would be gratefully received!  Thanks! bear_flower

Sammybeardog Hobart Bears
Ferndale, Michigan

I just checked your auction and it is there, It doesn't have the ebay.UK  on the auction page, just plain old ebay.  Hope this is useful info.  And by the way, beautiful bear.

Karen

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hi Paula.  Does the UK site have a live help button?  This is very helpful on the US site.  When you click on t a window pops up and you can chat live with an actual human.  Imagine that. bear_original

Hope it works for you bear_thumb

Cheshire Cat Wilmslow Cheshire

Hi Paula ,
Even though you have clicked worldwide it doesnt mean it will come up on ebay .com. New ebay rules ,you need to list on ebay .com for it to be on there  which is what I do and Diane Wee scones .You do not come up on browsing .com  but will if someone types your name in .It is the opposite for me ,mine does not show up on someone browsing on ebay.uk. I guess they are trying to get us to list on both ,
hope this makes sence and helps,
hugs,
Louise x

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Thanks the the advice everyone!  Isn't it confusing?  I mean, I have no idea how to list on .com and .co.uk simultaneously, without creating havoc by creating two auctions selling the same item!  Had I realised, I would just have listed on .com in the first place.  Hmph!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Well gee Paula...that is their job....just when we get things figured out they go and change them! bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

JAC-Q-LYN Jac-Q-Lyn
Cheshire

Hi Paula

I do not know if this is any help, but I usually list on .com, but just recently started listing on .co.uk for a change and I have always been asked when listing do I want visability on US and Canada for an extra fee (its not much) so I just check that box, all that happens as I have paid to be featured on .co.uk it only puts me in the general list on .com but thats fine, as that was what used to happen when I was featured on .com.

Perhaps you could go in and revise your listing and check the box, I think its in the section where it mentions bold, gallery featured etc....

Hope this is a little help.
Good Luck
Jacqui bear_thumb

clare14 Country Bears
England

Paula, I've done exactly the same thing with my two bears on ebay at the moment, and as one is an Americana bear which I wanted our friends in the US to see - I messed up!!   bear_rolleyes  bear_sad   So, my question is, CAN you list and show on both UK and US ebay's with just one listing?  Or is it pot luck whether it will show on both?   bear_wacko  bear_wacko

JAC-Q-LYN Jac-Q-Lyn
Cheshire

Hi Clare

You can have your item show on both sites UK and US if you tick the box that states ......International site visibility

eBay US and Canada (£0.15) .  I normally list on .com but these last two weeks I have listed on UK and when I do my listing it asks me this question in the section if you want to do BOLD, SUBTITLE, BORDER or FEATURED PLUS, its below all of these in small writing.  All my listings have appeared in the US listings.  Hope this works for you.

There has been some mention that if your star rating in you dashboard is low, your visabilty will be low...they just like to make it more difficult for us don't they?

Good Luck.
Hugs
Jacqui bear_thumb

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hi Jaqui,

Ahhhh   bear_thumb , I did read your last post but thought you meant if you had a featured listing you could do this ( I never do that, costs too much!!   bear_tongue ) Right I shall look out for this next time, thank you!!   :hug:  :hug:

JAC-Q-LYN Jac-Q-Lyn
Cheshire

Hi Clare

Sorry abou that, yes normally I do featured...I like to confuse everyone bear_grin but I found when I list mohair it asks me the same question, and have noticed it is now listing on .com too if I pay the bit extra.

I think we need to be rocket scientists these days to keep up with the changes on eBay.

Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs
Jacqui

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Thanks for all the info. At one time I listed on both and they charged me double fees! Then I just did ebay.com as it still showed up on ebay UK. Saying that all my sales have been overseas lately, no wonder! Its so hard to keep up with ebay. So many thanks, back to ebay.co.uk and tick the extra box. bear_rolleyes

Board footer