Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO

Hello all, I just wanted to post this comment to everyone.

I love this group so much and all the information, funny, and beautiful bears that are posted here brighten up my days. I have attempted to comment on things here but I have only been able to actually post one. Because of the flaming bear issue that was on here and knowing that this person is one of you/us has caused me to take a step back and be gun shy about posting anything. I just want you all to know that I am still actively looking at the post and all the bears are so beautiful... the funnies are great... and of course all the information is amazing. I am sorry for all of you who have lost loved ones or need prayers.... I think of you often. I hope to someday become active in the conversation again someday.

Thanks for making my day brighter bear_wub  :hug:  Sheryl

Dilu Posts: 8,574

:hug: Sheryl, :hug: 

I can certainly understand your feeling wary.  The nature of the way boards like this function can seem  slow and cumbersome....even when everyone is moving as fast as possible..  As in any society there can be 1% of our members who are not nice. ( actually I think less than 1%)  When we started we believed, naively, that we were all adults.  We had no idea!  Admin. acted as quickly as humanly possible.  The posts were removed, the rules followed re: FB.  And there are new rules in place for something we never imagined we would see happen, the active baiting and cruelty we all witnessed.  But, in true TT fashion we have learned from this incident, and it will not be allowed again.

We are relatively new as a board, 2 years, and every time we experience a situation we learn from it and tighten up the loopholes, strengthening the rules, to protect people just like you, whom we truly want to be participating and enjoying this board.

None of the administrative people are on the board full time.  Everyone checks in frequently.  I would encourage anyone who receives a PM that is unkind, cruel or worse to contact one of the Help Advisors ASAP.

I am really glad that you are still with us, and reading and hopefully enjoying and learning, that's the whole point, its why we spend so much time here.  I will be even happier when I see you put your toe back in the water.  My belief is that we can't let people like FB and a few of her ilk, control the board and take the fun away from the rest of us.  So consider diving in, I am sure you know things we can learn from you just like you are learning from the others here....this place really cuts the learning curve down to practically nothing....pretty remarkable!

gollyhugs

dilu
++++

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Dear Sheryl,

Beary hugs coming your way  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:   

Ali xxx

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hugz to ya Sheryl, hope you are having a great summer! bear_flower

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Dear Sheryl,  I rarely chime in on things that are posted in the general section here ( although here I am posting)  but I do try to get on everyday and look at the bears and post comments.  As someone who makes bears, posts them and then sells them,  I know what it means to me when people like you post a kind word,  just makes my day,   don't let one person ruin it for you.
Joanne

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I've seen this Flaming Bear in action in the past...and its not a pretty picture  bear_ermm   I almost took a look at that topic as I was going down the page, saw it was FlamingBear and completely skipped the whole thing.  The name says it all.  Whoever this person is, they only live to rile people up.  It in their nature to stir the pot and watch what happens.  With the 'anoymity' of the internet, they tend to do this fairly frequent. 

I'm so sorry you've been caught out by this person's nastiness.  There are nasties in every corner of the world, and I'm not sure this 'Flaming' person is really who they claim to be when it comes to teddy bears.  How can they be??  They miss the whole heart and soul of a teddy bear! 

Big bear hugs to you  :hug:  :hug:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Hi Sheryl. Reading your post made me very, very sad. If you're feeling this way, maybe there are others who are afraid to post. I hope you'll soon see that most everyone is friendly and helpful all the time. There may be differences of opinions, of course, but in my time here I've never experienced anything like the post you referenced. There's a big difference in putting your ideas forth even if others disagree and someone just plain mean trying to be hurtful.

This is a terrific group. I've learned a lot and I see improvement in my bears since I joined. Everyone is very willing to help answer questions or point you in the right direction.

Please jump in and post anytime you want to. You'll have more fun and your comments may help someone else.

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Hi Sheryl,

It's ok to take a step back, regroup and wade back in when you're ready (a TON of us out here have done the same thing, myself included).  I personally hate to think that any person could lead a double life amongst "friends".  But when I really think about it it's probably just not true...if it is...well, then just say a prayer for the person and move forward.  It's no secret that the universe has a way of balancing itself out, man I have some really funny and good examples of it I could share bear_laugh

Hope to see you out here bear_flower
:hug:
~Chrissi

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Ah, you know what.. don't let one Butthead ruin your fun and a great thing bear_original bear_original That is how I look at it anyway. There is bound to be a bad apple even in our bunch!  bear_grin  bear_grin TT is a very friendly place 99% of the time. I would not even give it a second thought.
Hugs!!!
Melanie

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

The leadership coach, Ken Blanchard, talks about a form of leadership called 'The Seagull'. They lurk off to the side then fly in, make a lot a pointless squawking, sh*t all over everybody & leave. That's all people like the above mentioned are..."Seagull posters" and their tactics are just as ineffective and pointless.
Only you know what's best for you, but FB seems to get their pathetic jollies over upsetting nice folks like you-don't let them win!
:hug:  :hug:  :hug: 's for you
Cheryl

Board footer