Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I hope I don't bore you all, but I've been back to Monkey World. My daughter Sarah and I spent four wonderful days at Monkey World in Dorset (UK) last week and now I feel exhausted. We rode on sixteen trains over the four days plus fourteen taxi rides. That in itself was exhausting for me as it's not to easy traveling using a wheelchair. Poor Sarah she too was tired after four very busy days. The rescue park was as wonderful as ever and we were entertained by all the rescued animals. The staff at Monkey world really do their best to give all the animals a good life.
For the first time I got to see the eighty eight rescued Capuchin monkeys from Chile. Poor little things had been caged in small cages for all their lives in a research lab going through heavens knows what. They show many signs of mental trauma, pacing around flicking their little heads in a very strange way.
One of the cutest little guys at the park is baby chimp Bart. He is so cute and has the most amazingly huge ears...a Dumbo of the chimp world! I hope you like the few pictures below, I have hundreds more but I think these will give you a taste of what we saw.

A-Mei.jpg

babyBart.jpg

BabyBart11months06-08.jpg

Bryan.jpg

CapuchinFemale.jpg

CapuchinMonkey.jpg

Carli.jpg

Charlie.jpg

Linnga.jpg

Hsiao-ning_Dinda08.jpg Below is a picture of Ro-Ro, she is mum to both Hsiao-ning and Dinda.

RoRo.jpg

ChimpBedroom.jpg

JaneandJeremy0608.jpg

More to come

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

Sally.jpg Clare share the pictures of Sally with you Mum.

Sally2.jpg

SallyinNursery08.jpg

Sarah-seagulls.jpg

Seamus.jpg

SiamangGibbons.jpg

SusieBart.jpg

That's all folks...I hope you enjoyed seing a little of what Janeydoodlebears gets up to when she's away from Teddy Talk.  :photo:  :photo:  :photo:  :photo:  :photo:  :photo:

Hugs, Jane.  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Jane!

You silly girl ...  you could NEVER bore us!!!! bear_flower  thank you for posting such lovely pictures, it makes me want to rush down there and see them all for myself!  I think I may have a chat with my hubby and talk him round!  I have often followed the amazing work done at Monkey World via the many television programmes about the wonderful place.  They all work so tremendously hard and under such sad circumstances at times, but what fantastic people, they have achieved so much.  So thank you Jane and am pleased that you and Sarah had a marvellous time there.

Hugs :hug:

Marilyn bear_flower

clare14 Country Bears
England

No I never get bored with Monkey World Jane!!  I'll be sure to show mum, she'll adore these, especially her little girl!!

Thank you!!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Glad you both had a nice time!!   bear_original

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Jane  :hug: I've been meaning to email you to see how you're going, so glad you've been to your beloved monkey world again bear_wub  I love little Capuchin in the photo of her looking up, adorable!!  And so good to see a photo of you again  bear_innocent  Now I love the colour of Ro Ro's fur, how shiny too, looks like he's had a dye job  bear_happy    bear_wub  bear_wub

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Thanks for those lovely pics. Monkey World on tv is one of my favourite shows!

Marion

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Thanks so much, Jane . . . I love looking at your photos.  My hubby, daughter, son-in-law, and I were at the Dallas Zoo a few weeks ago.  We were in the ape section and had the good luck to be there when a couple of zoo workers came for a teaching session.  The gibbons (I think) were learning word association.  The "teachers" would say a word and the "student" would point to whatever the word referred to, then receive a treat if he got it right.  Not sure what purpose this serves except to demonstrate that monkeys learn with the right motivation - as can many species.  What I have found more interesting is the work  I've read about in the past . . . research centers teaching chimps ASL (American Sign Language) and the chimps (on their own), in turn, teaching their progeny ASL.  Fascinating.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

You never bore me with all of your wonderful animal pics and stories!
What wonderful pictures, I really enjoyed seeing them!  bear_original  bear_original  :hug:

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Jane what wonderful picture, you can bore me anytime :crackup:

I have to say the capuchin monkey looking up in the 5th piccie brought me to tears, how anyone could hurt something so adorable is beyond me, I must admit I do have a heavy heart to think they could have been used to test cosmetics, shampoos etc that I may have used :cry:.......................

three cheers to monkey world :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Awwww you could never be boring with these lovely pictures, thanks for sharing, I am going there as soon as I am able to get there.

Pauline

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I loved looking at the photos Jane but I must say I always have a soft spot for the orangutans-they are so cute bear_wub
Laurie :hug:

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Fab photos Jane....it looked like a great trip...adorable monkeys....I'm with Laurie...a weekness for orangutans!  bear_wub
Hugs Lynne

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Never bored with your wonderful photos Jane bear_flower
Many thanks for sharing them with us.

So glad that you were able to have a lovely time, but guess you would have
been very tired after all those train rides and would welcome a well earned
rest when you got  back home.

Hugs
Carolyn  bear_flower

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

I loved looking at your photos Jane and it is super to know how well all these gorgeous animals are now looked after.  It must be such a joy for you to go there.

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Thank you Jane for posting these gorgeous photos  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Did you see Trudy while you were there ?  bear_smile

I can't wait for my daughter to get home so I can show her too. She has Trudy's photo on her wall above her bed. bear_wub

You are a very special lady Jane and you have made our lives richer for meeting you on TT definitely not boring to us.

Hugs

Raewyn :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Wonderful pictures....So glad you posted them.

kezjoy KezjoyKritterz
Gippsland Victoria

wow..looks like a great place..I think I saw a tv show on Monkey world a while back..where is it in UK?? I must visit next time i'm over!!
Kerrilyn

cherylyn Chucky Bears
dundalk

Lovely, lovely monkeys...I've been inspired to make me an orangutan!  Hope I can make such an adorable face!  Such peace-loving creatures.

Thanks for posting your pics!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

Sue Ann The keepers teach the animals at Monkey World too. They say a part of the body and the animal presents that body part to the keeper. This is done so that the animals can have check ups without them getting distressed. Once they have presented a hand, foot belly etc. the keeper uses his clicker and then gives the animal a small treat. It's great to see just how much the animals all understand the words spoken to them.

Raewyn  As you will probably know, Trudy lives in Hananya's group, sadly I did'nt get a good shot of Trudy as the whole group were across the compound each time I visited them. They did kick off with one heck of a noise at one point. I don't know what was going on but they all went very quiet quickly and seemed happy. I guess they saw the keeper coming with food. All the chimps at the park really get excited at feeding time...boy do they love their food.

Kerrilyn Monkey World is near Wool in Dorset, a very lovely part of the country.

Cherylyn please post a picture of your orangutan when you've made it. I love making orangs and chimps too. I have a young chimp in the making right now.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Margaret Always Bearing In Mind
High Wycombe, Bucks.
Website

Hi Jane.  Thanks for phoning; hope you're feeling better by the time you read this.  Had to check in and see the photos - wonderful as ever.  So glad you and Sarah had such a great time, despite the the travel problems and the 'after effects'. Bet you've got loads of inspiration for more creations, and I'm sure no-one's bored with your wonderful photography - certainly doesn't sound like it from the comments.
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:      Margaret

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Great piccies Jane ... you are looking well despite the travelling!

Good to see you enjoying yourself ... I bet you had a wonderful time, no matter how tired you got!!  bear_thumb

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Jane what wonderful pixs, I feel I have been when you have there thank you.

Studio44 Studio 44
UK

Hi jane

I've always adored monkeys, used to dream I could have one of my own! have fallen in love  bear_wub  with Lingga.
Hope this arrives.

Hugs

Dorothy xxxxxxxx  :hug:

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Jane thank you for sharing these! I love the mom and baby photo bear_wub  bear_wub

puca bears puca bears

Doing a bit of catching up here................
Jane - your pics and tales of the Monkey World residents could NEVER be boring..........even tho the animals are captive, they all look so well and happy..........and SAFE !
Thanks for sharing
big huggies
Maria

Board footer