Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

DSCF4614.jpgeye03.jpgJust wanted to add some about plastic eyes I use.
I paint them, make eyelids and they look as great as glass eyes.
I buy them in Japan and their eyes have a loop so its easy to work with.http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfis … iceye.html

This is eyes of my latest faux fur bear with plastic eyes
Julia

rikkisbears NSW Australia

Hi Julia,
they look nice. Had a look at the website, bit it's a bit difficult trying to order, and work out prices etc. They are nice looking eyes though.

plushkinbear wrote:

Just wanted to add some about plastic eyes I use.
I paint them, make eyelids and they look as great as glass eyes.
I buy them in Japan and their eyes have a loop so its easy to work with.http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfis … iceye.html

This is eyes of my latest faux fur bear with plastic eyes
Julia

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

The eyes look great Julia. Well done.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Very nice eyes!  I did not know plastic eyes would work out that nicely.  Great job!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Julia, great job!!
Do you just insert the plasic eyes as you would for glass eyes??
Also, I'd like to see a picture of the whole bear!!!
Heather

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

wow...
thank you guys, but be honest I like glass ones better.  :redface: Still, think that faux fur need plastic, mohair - glass eyes.
This bear will be Santa and I'll show him when I finish his dress. I "made" myself to make smiling bear!  :D
It's holiday coming...

Vladivostok, RUSSIA
psichick78 wrote:

Julia, great job!!
Do you just insert the plasic eyes as you would for glass eyes??
Also, I'd like to see a picture of the whole bear!!!
Heather

Yep, Heather, just like glass eyes. Very easy..

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Neysa i read somewhere that you drill a hole in the back of the plastic eyes to sink them .thread the string through the hole and pull  .

purelyneysa Purely Neysa
Indiana, PA
Website

Rikki, check out my link about plastic eyes... I melt a hole in the shaft and attach them the same as glass eyes. Neysa

rikkisbears NSW Australia

Hi Neysa,
I'm aware of your method, and I'm definately going to give it a try. Those clear plastic eyes of yours are really tempting, I just have to decide what size I'm going to need.  What's the smallest size eye that you can put the hole thru??
I mainly sew tiny mini's where I use 2mm onyx beads, haven't quite gotten round to finding my niche as far as  slightly larger bears go, though  I used to quite enjoy doing 6 inch mohair teds.  I seem to muck up anything much bigger than that.

Also noticed you have the color coded felting needles.

purelyneysa wrote:

Rikki, check out my link about plastic eyes... I melt a hole in the shaft and attach them the same as glass eyes. Neysa

purelyneysa Purely Neysa
Indiana, PA
Website

Eye size to put a hole through... the smaller the "shaft" on the eye the smaller the needle you use to melt the hole. My 5mm German Plastic eyes have holes in the shafts already. All the German Plastic eyes are that way.

I have an address for plastic animal & doll eyes I'll look for it and attach a picture. Neysa

purelyneysa Purely Neysa
Indiana, PA
Website

Eyes-from-China-b.jpgEyes-from-China-a.jpgHere are the other eyes they are made in China... contact information: (I've never purchased any from them but have purchased some while in Switzerland one year, they have more than I pictured)..

Mr. Chestin Lu
Lu Enterprises
139-36 58 Avenue
Flushing, NY 11355
Tel. 718 281-4513   
Fax 718 281-4496

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Neysa, they look just liek eyes from Pabol.  Is this the same company?  I have used eyes from Pabol for many of my bears and they really have quite a lot of detail.  They too are custom made in China.  They should be getting a website soon.

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Judi, I see the small sign right down the eyes. Design and manufactured by Pabol International Inc.

I have a questoin then.. Neysa and Judi, do you know their address in China? I'm going there this Sunday.

Hugs, Julia

purelyneysa Purely Neysa
Indiana, PA
Website

Julia, yes they are Pabol Eyes. Here's all the info i have

Manufacturer:
NO.43-1, Wan Shou RD., Wen Shan Dist.
Taipei 116, Taiwan
Republic of China
Tel. 886-2-2938-5826 (Rep)
Fax 886-2-2938-5827

Please get us more information if you go there... such as can we order directly, minimum order, etc...  Neysa

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Yes Julia please do get more info.  I have ordered mine through NY, like Neysa.  They are expensive!

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Guys, it's not China, I mean it's China but it's Taiwan!!! Dammit!!! My mom yesterday returned from Taiwan.... bear_cry bear_cry bear_cry bear_cry should've asked earlier!!!!!

I'll check the place where I go for eyes. Let you guys know if I find anything.

Hugs, Julia

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Judi and Neysa, I just came back from China. Sorry guys, but the place I went had no glass eyes bear_cry :mad:

Hugs, Julia

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

snowbear_RESZ.jpgThanks for checking Julia.  That was very nice of you.

Even though they do not have glass eyes, they use a very high quality arcylic and they are stunning.  I use them in many if my bears and you can order them custom made to the size , style and color you desire. 
Here is a couple of examples of Pabol eyes:

FAIRY_BEAR_resized4.jpg

FAIRY_BEAR_resized2.jpg\

HUCKLEBERRY_RESZCU.jpg

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Really Judi?? I'm going to have to check that out!!
I've always loved the eyes you used on those bears. I'm sure they are worth the price then.
Heather

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_flower Beautiful eyes, Judi!

I never would have guessed they were acrylic! How do they compare with VanDykes Taxidermy eyes in appearance and cost?

Eileen

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

BO_RESIZED.jpgThanks guys.

The taxidermy eyes  different than the Pabol eyes.   I would have a hard time deciding which I liked more.  The Vandyke glass eyes are less expensive than the Pabol.  Cost is not a big factor for me as long as I get the outcome I want.  Sorry , I'm not too helpful here.   

Here are some photos of the Glass eyes from Vandykes:

EBAY_QUEEN_RESZ.jpg

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I use VanDykes eyes sometimes and very much like the way they look.  They have a little more of look of depth to them than just regular glass eyes.  Some come on wires and some don't.  I have just gotten interested in the eyes that they list under "fish eyes"!!  They are gold-backed with dark "speckles" in them and look super!!  I used them on my bear Dumplin', but didn't take a close-up of her eyes . . . and she has been mailed to her new mom.
Check out www.vandykestaxidermy.com.  I've chosen 'trout' and 'muskie/pike' eyes.  Have bought some of the 24kt gold backed, enameled, and general use eyes.

purelyneysa Purely Neysa
Indiana, PA
Website

Good Morning, I bought eyes from VanDykes years ago when I carved decoys. How about their eyes that light up... wouldn't that make something interesting! Like the old bears with the blinking eyes. Neysa

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Blinking eyes!  Cool Neysa!  Are you going to make one?  This would be perfect for Halloween! :twisted:

Sue Ann.  Sounds really neat.  I have some bird eyes...they have a very unusual look to them.  The bird eyes are a bit small for my bears, though.  Fish eyes....Sue Ann, if you do any more with these please show us. :hug:

Board footer