Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

As is our family tradition my Mom & I (and my brother recently) entered items in the Home Economics Division of the Wisconsin State Fair. We have been entering and going to the judging every year since 1979 and both have a many ribbons for the stuff we have entered.

This year was no different. My mom won 2 ribbons this year a second & an eighth for a tote bag and a purse. My brother had an astounding 48 entries in the photography section & won 15 blues & all sorts of lesser ribbons (I lost count).

I had 4 bears/critters entered and won 4 Blue Ribbons!!!!!! They all will now be on exhibit until the end of the Fair.

I hope everyone is taking advantage of local contests. Although as in our State Fair, the judge is not always a teddy bear judge, and wouldn't know mohair if it bit them.  They have to be able to judge everything from tatting, spinning, costume making, to knitting & painting.  The judges are usually Home Economics (usually college level) teachers with strong sewing backgrounds. Anyway, entering is a great way to get feedback on your sewing & assembly skills & just on the overall look of your bears.  The only thing I cringe over is when some of the judges say that teddy bears are ultimately toys and should be entirely child safe sith no wired ribbons & safety eyes. All in all it is a fun way to get some critique of your work. My mom & I always enjoy our day watching what everyone else has entered

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance:  :dance:  :dance: Congratulations, Amy! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Do we get to see these wonderful bears?

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Whoohooo!!!  Way to go Amy and family!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Wow! Congrats, Amy!! And what a talented family you have!
I think entering contests like that would be a lot of fun and gratifying too! And what a special family tradition!!

Yes... PICTURES!!!???  :photo:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Congratulations! You have a very talented family. You all must need a whole room for your awards.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Congratulations Amy.  :clap:  :clap:  Now post some pictures so we can see the teddies that won...

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb
Lynette

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Yahoo, Amy and family!  What a very nice family tradition and big congrats on all the awards throughout the years.

New Berlin, Wisconsin

Thank you all.  I am very proud of my little critters!

Judi, Did you delete your post? I peeked at the posts on my lunch & don't see it anymore.  I certainly would have loved to visit your animal entry & you are right, if my entries were not kept in locked cases, I would not be entering them either. These are all behind glass & locked up tight.

Orange_bear_1.jpg
Orange_bear_Close.jpg

This lovely State Fair Queen has not told me her name yet.  She has not decided but the forerunners are "Hallo, Winnie" or Candi Dyams".

I think you have all seen the others in the crew including
Bear_Bones_Blog.jpg

Bear Bones

Katty_Wumpus.jpg

Kati Wumpus

& I am sorry to say I can't find the phot of Yul B. Next

Will have to post when they come home with their ribbons!

TTFN Amy

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

WOW!!!!   :clap:   Congratulations!!!   :clap:  :clap:   

I'll have to show hubby your beautiful creations! He adores Halloween  bear_wub   Such creative, and beautiful bears n kitty!!  :clap:  bear_wub

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

AMY!  YAY! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:    Beautiful photos.  I LOVE the skeleton.  Now that is very original.  You need to send that photo to the bear magazines for the Fall issues. bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Hey, while you're at the fair maybe you could stop in and give a kiss to our Heifer "Teemar Leap Degree".  She'll of course be in the dairy barn.  She is being shown by Brent Kinnard, one of our hired guys.   She's the sweet heifer that Rachel won Showmanship her at our county fair last weekend.  We'll be on vacation starting tomorrow thru next thursday so w couldn't go.

Have a great time...and congratulations again. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

You really have an incredible imagination,  congrats on your awards, all your work is top notch
Joanne

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

That orange bear is to die for! I loooooooooooove her!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

You did all brilliantly with your entries at that fair! so many blue ribbons in the same familly. You are so talented...

I cannot wait to see photos of the other winners.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

New Berlin, Wisconsin

Thanks all!
Judi I will try to look up Teemar but I am NOT promissing a kiss..... maybe a hug & a scratch on the muzzel, but not a kiss.   :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Enjoy your vacation!

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Congrats Amy!!! I love Bear Bones what an interesting idea for a bear.

Hugs,

Board footer