Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

teeeej Brisbane

I recently began to enter bear competitions in order to receive feedback about my bear making skills. I also enjoy going along and seeing all the entries. I am planning to enter some bears in shows later this year and now will be in the open section. I went to a show recently and noticed that people were entering in both the open and artist bear sections. Obviously this competition allowed that. Is this generally the case?? I always thought that the professional/artist bear section was the top level - for those people who have achieved mastery of the art. Is it then OK for those bear artists to enter in a section with people who aren't up to there level? I am just curious to the general rules for bear making competitions.

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

You can download an entry form for the Woodend Teddy Bear Show which will give you all the categories.

http://www.woodendteddybearshow.com/com … ryform.htm

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

The local shows I have entered have NOT allowed that. If you have won an award or ribbon in the open then you are encouraged to move up to the next level at the next competition. 
You may wish to look at what categories these straddlers are entered into. They may have just learned a new technique.  Which would be only fare to allow them entry into the open field.

Board footer