Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

natfingerssm.jpgHi all,

I'd like to introduce you all to Nat. He's a Natterjack toad. I'm not sure what kind of reception he'll get since he's, well, a toad.  bear_grin   I love these guys but maybe most here will not. We're just testing the water, heh heh  bear_happy

nattop.jpg

natside.jpg

Regards

Lisa

svenstrup Svenstrup Originalz
Malling, Denmark

Wow... You did a great job on him Lisa. He is beautiful  :clap:  :clap:

His eyes is really amazing - they look so real

Wauu  bear_flower

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi Lisa,

That is an amazing toad!!!! He is so proportionally correct!!! Fantastic!!!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb Love the stones on his back!!!

kassie

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Lisa,
He's wonderful! Such expert details. His toes are amazing. I love amphibians, they are so etheral, but I have hesitated designing them because of their fine toes and limbs.  :clap:
Karen

Mikki Mikki, Cripple Creek Creative
Bethel, Ohio

Lisa, Really nice ...great shapes and detail. Mikki

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Beautiful,  I love how you used the stone cabachons (is that what I am seeing) on his back, just such a creative idea.  Lots of people collect frogs, I think he will be well received
Joanne

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Oh wow, he is just stunning, wonderful work.   Such super detail.

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Very cute idea. Those lovely warts are unakite, I believe, and a very clever use of cabochons. I've known several people who collect frogs and I'm sure many will love Nat.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow! He is absolutely fantastic. You have got him designed so well it looks like he could hop right off of the screen. Well done Lisa, I just love frogs and toads and watch my pond each spring for the start of new life and enjoy watching them develope into little froglets and (not sure if it's right, but) toadlets  bear_grin  , it's so amazing!

bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Thank you so much everyone, it's good to know that I'm not the only one who appreciates toads.  bear_original

Marlys knows her semiprecious stones well, the warts are indeed unakite cabochons. In real life the warts (and glands on the back of the neck) are often bright red, I thought that unakite resembled them quite well. I had thought of embroidering them on but couldn't resist a bit of a sparkle in the end. bear_happy

Regards

Lisa

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Oh my gosh Lisa I LOVE HIM!!  bear_tongue lol, as a fellow 'wacky critter dealer' I think he's inspired- I love those warts!  Ooo, you should make more of these guys- you could make them rhinestone encrusted wet bits, or OO frog spawn!  That would be brilliant!

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Chloe, we think along the same lines.  bear_cool   You know I did think about using rhinestones for a while but thought it might be a bit too much bling for him.  bear_laugh  He's a shy kind of fella, now for a female I could go all out.....  bear_tongue 

Regards

Lisa

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Ah come on, you can never have too much bling! bear_tongue Lol, I actually bought myself a rhinestone setter a few weeks ago to glitz up trainers and tops and things, but your toad is the first animal I've seen since then that I could see how the rhinestones would actually work- even I can't quite envisage a 'pimp sloth', all 'blinged out' with his 'homies' XD

His design comprises 65 separate pieces of fabric, whew!

bear_wacko Wow, thats a lot more than my sloths!  I need to rethink things!

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Your use of the unakite cabs is inspired. I would never have thought of that, but the colors blend so well with the fabric...and 65 separate pieces! Whew, indeed.

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

If he was just a 'test' then you certainly passed! He is absolutely gorgeous...for a toad!

Marion

theKeepMeCo. Posts: 185

He is gorgeous Lisa! He has so much detail to him, and he is beautifully designed.  bear_wub
-Lynnette

Birgitta's bears Uppsala, Sweden

My first animal I sew on a maschine with help from my friends mum was a huge frog with an open mouth! I was around 10 years old. I simply adore frogs since then.
This frog you made is a masterpiece! It´s has the Wow factor!

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Birgitta

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Nat certainly in a cute toad.  You did a super job.  There must be a handsome prince hiding in there somewhere.  I know that generally is reserved for frogs, but toad is close enough.

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Thank you to everyone for your wonderful and encouraging comments. I have decided to put Nat up for sale, gulp, and so I'm just off to pop him in the 'Teddy bear and friends section. Fingers crossed!  :pray:  bear_grin 

Regards

Lisa

Sunshine_Bear Posts: 39

This toad is amazing !!! I like the colour of its skin and these realistic eyes.
You've done a very good job, I think no one could do better.

Andrea

Board footer