Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Today my husband, our 2 boys and I have been to choose a puppy from a litter of 'Golden Boxers' (which I believe is a registered breed in the US?? Although it isn't here in the UK) - mum is a Golden Retriever and dad is a Boxer. There were 6 puppies in total but we had just 2 to choose from as we specifically wanted a girl with a white face....this didn't make our decision any easier though! I just couldn't decide and had to leave that down to Stu (my hubby) who found it tough also....finally he decided on one.....

These are the 2 we had to choose between - Stu decided on the one on the left (with more white on her face). I felt SO guilty not choosing the other one:

puppiesbeachroses006bab0.jpg

Me having cuddle with our new puppy:

puppiesbeachroses005aus0.jpg

Stu having a cuddle with our new puppy:

puppiesbeachroses010afb6.jpg

Isn't she just adorable????!!!:

puppiesbeachroses015aiw7.jpg

This is her mum:

puppiesbeachroses094azp2.jpg

This is her dad:

puppiesbeachroses090afi9.jpg

They are only 5 weeks old at the moment so we have another 3 weeks before we can bring her home.

We had to go to Bognor Regis, West Sussex (a popular seaside resort) to see the puppies so as we were there, we decided to go to the beach for the rest of the afternoon...here is a picture of my 3 boys enjoing a paddle:

puppiesbeachroses108aic4.jpg

I feel I must appologise (is that the correct spelling??) for not posting very often lately....Hugglets is fast approaching and I'm desperately trying to get bears made, along with looking after the boys as they are on summer holidays from school/pre-school.....needless to say, my free time is literally non-existant at the moment!!!  bear_ermm

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Gemma I'm sooo jealous!....I would love to have a puppy  bear_wub ...your little pup looks so adorable....bet your boys can't wait to get her home!....any ideas for her name yet?
Hugs Lynne  :hug:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Awwwhhhhh, they're all so gorgeous!!!  bear_wub   I especially love the mum, she looks like a complete sweetheart  bear_wub

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

What sweet little puppies bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
It will be interesting to see what she looks like as she gets older.You will never get any bears made now and don't forget to keep all your bears and bear making supplies away from her as she will be into everything bear_whistle
Laurie :hug:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Congratulations on the new pup!  You could always bring the other little girl home, too, so she won't be left alone. bear_happy  What's one more puppy? She looks like such a sweet girL and it would have been hard for anyone to only pick one.

Have you picked a name yet? And we can look forward to pictures of her as she grows.

Good luck at Hugglets.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh you lucky girl! I am sooo jealous! What a cutie! Have a wonderful time and enjoy your new pup!

Hugs Louise

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

What wonderful puppies, congrats on your new family member!  bear_wub

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Gemma,
     I don't think it is a registered breed in North America either - they call them desgner dogs.  She's absolutely adorable!  it will be a long three weeks for all of you, so maybe you'd better get some sewing done, because I don't think you'll get much done, once she joins your family  :crackup:

hugs,

Brenda

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Soooooo cuuuuute!  Nice combination of genes!

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

Hi Gemma ,
I agree with Brenda ; it will be the longest 3 weeks you've ever had  bear_laugh You're bound to get oodles of bears done
while that calendar drags its feet around !!  bear_happy Good luck with your gorgeous little girl - give her a huggy just from me
she's SO cute  :hug:  :hug:
Ruth

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Gemma, the puppy is beautiful and it is lovely to hear from you and see your beautiful family. Yes this is a very busy time in your life, but enjoy it!

puca bears puca bears

Gemma - she looks just gorgeous..........you must ALL be so excited! Oooohhh - you are going to have such FUN!
huggies
Maria

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Awww Gemma: your puppy is so cute...Now if you ask me, I would have taken both of them...That eliminates the guilt and stress of choosing!! This coming from a person who wanted to breed my Siamese. My Michael said "OH NO!! NO, NO, NO!!! I know you, you'd keep them all!! Is he dense or what? Of course I'd keep them all! I would not give up my babies!!! So dear Gemma, take the second puppy and call it a day.

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Oh my goodness what an adorable puppy, you going to have so much fun

Pauline

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Gemma

what a cutie with a capital CUTE  bear_wub  Don't worry about the three weeks taking a long time soon after you won't remember life before her.

Hugs Raewyn

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

awwwwwww she is just so precious Gemma  bear_wub  bear_wub
Hugs
Catherine x

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Gemma she is adorable!!  I've seen your photos on facebook and keep meaning to write, what a sweetie  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh Gemma, I would have found it inpossible to choose, she is sooo adorable as is her sister. Knowing me I would have gone home with both of them. See you soon, Hugglets just around the corner and we are very close to each other at the show.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

Jigpaws Jigpaws
Edinburgh, Scotland

She's gorgeous Gemma  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs
Janice

momanimallover Taber, Alberta

a very cute sweet puppy bear_original we just got one 2 days ago bear_wacko  I forgot about all the house breaking, chewing on wood table legs and digging holes in the yard, playfully barking at the cats to play[of course the cats don't think of play bear_happy ] but I must think positive as I'm sure we all get through these stages and they become a great dog bear_grin There are so many great things about having a dog also bear_thumb

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_wub Oh, what gorgeous pups!  No wonder you had trouble choosing.......taking both certainly would have made that decision easier! bear_grin I'll bet all of you can hardly wait to bring your baby home.........this next few weeks will be over before you know it though! bear_thumb

Board footer