Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO

Hi all I just thought I would share this tip with you. While shopping at Lowes I came across a Kingsford Charcoal Kaddy. I looked at it and knew it was the perfect storage container for my 25 pound box of stuffing... No it does not hold all 25 pounds, but it is perfect for inside the house. A top section opens up, lid stays on, and it is the perfect for reaching your hand inside and getting what you need. It is an 18 pound container and I stuffed a ton of stuffing inside it! bear_grin The container was $12 here in CO, I thought it was well worth it! :teddybear:
stuffing_container.jpg

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Sheryl,
Picture????  bear_happy  Sounds like a great solution!  bear_thumb  I love to walk through building supply stores and find things most definitely NOT made for bear making and adapt them to my needs. Hubby loves it that I'm perfectly happy to go along with him (most of the time!) when he needs something. In fact he's started thinking like a bear maker when he goes there too and sometimes brings home the craziest things for me!
bear_laugh

I have a big wicker hamper with a hinged lid that I made a cloth liner for.... it holds LOTS of stuffing and it so handy. It's also light weight so I can carry it to the basement where the BIG box of stuffing is for a refill.

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO
Daphne wrote:

Sheryl,
Picture????  bear_happy  Sounds like a great solution!  bear_thumb  I love to walk through building supply stores and find things most definitely NOT made for bear making and adapt them to my needs. Hubby loves it that I'm perfectly happy to go along with him (most of the time!) when he needs something. In fact he's started thinking like a bear maker when he goes there too and sometimes brings home the craziest things for me!
bear_laugh

I have a big wicker hamper with a hinged lid that I made a cloth liner for.... it holds LOTS of stuffing and it so handy. It's also light weight so I can carry it to the basement where the BIG box of stuffing is for a refill.

I like your idea. You could have it sit out and it would look nice in the house!

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Perfect container for stuffing.  I'll have to check that out.  I love wandering the Lowe's aisles too.

I use a giant zippered plastic bag that a king size comforter came in.  It's very sturdy and if I leave the zipper open a bit I can smoosh it and smash it into a closet if I want it out of sight.

Ikea has similar large zippered bags with handles that would suit the same purpose.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Good idea..I am sick of carrier bags!

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I use a round soft sided hamper that I believe is for laundry - it has zipped covers at both end. I originally bought it cause I thought it would make a good light tent but now I have several, one for my wool, one for my rovings and one for stuffing. It holds a full tall bag of stuffing that I get at Walmart and fits nicely behind the chair I sew in. I can just reach in and grab what I need and then zip it up when I'm finished. It only cost about $9 at the Great Canadian Superstore.

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower 
Great ideas!
bear_thumb
Kathy

bearbottombears Bear Bottom Heirloom Bears
Nova Scotia Canada

Sheryl:  what a great idea you gave me for recycling!  I buy kitty litter in 7lb containers that look just like that with the flip open lid.  Also some dry cat food come in the same kind of container.  I've used them for storing birdseed, and rags, etc...never thought about stuffing material... good for you!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap: Love to keep stuff out of the ladfill..
Gail G

teeeej Brisbane

Ohh what a great idea. This motivates me to go and find something for my stuffing. At the moment it is still in the bags I bear_ermm  bought it in.

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

Sheryl, where do you get your twenty-five-pound boxes of stuffing?

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO
Plum Cottage Bears wrote:

Sheryl, where do you get your twenty-five-pound boxes of stuffing?

CR Crafts has it for $54.12, here is the link

http://www.crscraft.com/products/produc … chOffset=x

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO
bearbottombears wrote:

Sheryl:  what a great idea you gave me for recycling!  I buy kitty litter in 7lb containers that look just like that with the flip open lid.  Also some dry cat food come in the same kind of container.  I've used them for storing birdseed, and rags, etc...never thought about stuffing material... good for you!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap: Love to keep stuff out of the ladfill..
Gail G

Wow, I never thought of looking at a pet store for storage containers. Recycling is always the best! Everyone here has such wonderful ideas! bear_flower

Board footer