Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

A family that lives on the outskirts of West Milford , NJ decided to build a sturdy, colorful playground for their 3 and 4 year old sons. They lined the bottom with smooth-stone gravel all around to avoid knee scrapes and other injuries. They finished building it one Friday evening and were very pleased with the end product.

The following morning, the mom was about to wake up the boys and have them go out to play in their new play center. This is what she saw from the upstairs window:

bearplay.jpg
bearplay2.jpg
bearplay3.jpg

This gives a whole new meaning to 'build it and they will come'!

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi Roxanne,

Would you ever feel safe enough to let the boys play out?

But It's lovely to be able to see!

Love kayx.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

How funny!  Bears just wanna have fun, too!

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Oh my gosh, aren't those bears funny - they think it was for them.   I agree, it would make you a bit nervous letting the kids out to play.

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Kayx,
Despite all the scary bear stories, black bears are very shy of people, even little people. I lived in NW CT for 18 years with black bears all around all the time and there was not one report in 18 years of a black bear attacking anyone. My cat used to chase them away bear_happy  I wouldn't say the same for the Western Grizzlies!
Karen

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Omg that is way too funny.

hugs,
Melanie

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

How cute is that! They think it's their own little playground. I wonder if they do come around regularly now.

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

I would build one for the bears!!! Wish we had them here in OZ! bear_original They look like youngsters to me so very very cute! We might get a roudy lot of possums here, that would be cute too. bear_original But Oh I wish we had bears!!

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Oh, they look like they are having so much fun.
Someone certainly appreciates their efforts  bear_grin

wigglesbears Wigglesbears

They look like they are having lots of fun together! bear_wub

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow, I wish I could see them in the fur. Even if they have never caused a problem I would still worry about my children having big teddies to play with. I would put a fence around the play area. They are great pictures though, I love the one with the bear on the slide.  bear_grin

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Wow!  That's absolutely delightful Roxanne!  (So says the Brit, who only ever has the chance to see such wonders at the zoo!)

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

What wonderful pictures of  bears having fun ~  sorry kids you are going to have to wait your turn!

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Studio44 Studio 44
UK

Really amazing, they look absolutely adorable but a bit scary for the back garden.

:hug:

Dorothy

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I look at these pictures and just say "COOL".  I wish we had bears around here.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

My goodness...remarkable pictures. Even bears want to have fun....So I guess the kids need to find another space to play!!

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Not sure that I want them in My backyard,  but they sure are cute on the playground!!

Board footer