Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

A HUGE congratulations to you, Aleta.  You probably know I'm a giddy-happy Nana too.  (See my post on Sullivan's travels).  By the way, just in case it's a boy, they have adorable clothes for boys too and I saw an amazing pirate ship bed.

I was shocked when I first went shopping with my daughter too.  Travel system?  Ohhhh, a stroller and a car seat.  We went to babiesRUs where they let you take items off the shelf (high chairs, pack-n-plays, etc.) and set them up, take them down.  That will rule out some items you thought you liked.  They also have a car seat (I mean the seat out of a car) in the store so you can check the ease, and learn the right way, to install the baby car seat. I was also amazed by the baby bath tub with the jacuzzi jets.  Anyway, I highly recommend babies4Us for the essentials.  Be aware, though, you may come out of the store with a bag full of cute clothes too.

I'm still in the process of designing the perfect diaper bag.  We already bought the fabric and the buckles etc.  Hopefully I'll get it done before she doesn't need it.  Oh well, always baby number two.

Can't wait for pictures of your little one.

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
bear_flower
Kathy

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Aleta, that is such exciting news !   :dance:  I can't wait to see the first photos.  I'm sure you will be a wonderful grandma too !!  When is the little bundle expected to arrive ?

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Aleta that its wonderful news!!! It's funny that a new baby in the family is the catalist for so much new love, not only the love for the tiny new person, but it also lets us love our husband and our parents in a whole new way. I love watching my mom and dad with our boys. They are wonderful grandparents!

Aleta - The Silly Bear wrote:

Oh, and things called Swaddlers?  Wrapping babies like a stuffed sausage is comforting?  Really?!!

Aleta

Stuffed sausage :crackup: It really did seem like swaddling our newborns comforted them---but we used a different food analogy---we called the boy's "Burrito Babies" when they were all wrapped up like that!

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

HI Aleta
Huge congratulations- its the best job in the whole world being a grandparent. One suggestion I have for you is every time you go shopping buy a package of diapers so that when the baby arrives they will have lots. Buy them in different sizes so they will come in handy as the baby grows. By the time the baby arrives you may have enough for the whole first year and they are expensive so it will save the parents a lot of money. Always good to take advatage of sales as well!!!
Hugs
Gail

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a super idea, Gail!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Aleta, thanks for sharing such wonderful news !!!
I am so happy for you !!!!!  bear_flower

puca bears puca bears

Such lovely news, Aleta -  big congrats to you, and the proud parents-to-be.................now all you need is a big dollop of patience!
huggies
Maria

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

Huge congratulations to you and your family Aleta!! ...that's wonderful news!!  bear_flower

Hugs Yvonne  bear_flower

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Awwww, Congratulations Aleta  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  Good news is always good, no matter where you're standing, smiling for you!  :hug:  :hug:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Excellent idea, Gail!!  bear_flower

May 3rd.  It's a ways off.  We're still holding our breath waiting for the first trimester to pass.  Brittany was carrying twins.  Now there is only one.  We're sad that one didn't make it and we're praying and hoping that this lone baby continues to thrive!
:pray:  :pray:
Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Congrats to you!  :hug:

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Happy news Aleta  bear_grin ....I'm so jealous I want to be in the Granny-club too!....bit of a way off yet....but soon to be an aunty...yea!   bear_thumb ....congratulations to all the family  bear_wub
Lynne  :hug:

Board footer