Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Hi All bear_flower

I've not shared this info yet, but my hubs lost his job almost 2 months ago (he worked at a company that deals with home warranties....wonder how long the place will stay open at all bear_sad ).  The job market isn't the best, and he's still not found another job, but he's been taking the time at home to get his eBay store going like he's wanted to do for quite awhile.  Darren had purchased a t-shirt press, shirts, and various transfers ranging from cute and humorous to Christian......a few of the humorous ones are a little naughty, but not too bad (at least I don't think they are).  And there's a category just for teddy bears shirts......my idea! bear_happy The idea for the store came while we were on vacation this summer.......any place we were that sold souvenir t-shirts, it was hard to find anything larger than a 2X and even with that size there was very little selection, so Darren didn't get to buy those for himself as he wears larger.  This is actually a common problem for larger people, even looking for reasonably priced, fun tee's on eBay.  Darren's thought was to supply shirts (tee's and also hoodies, which he is adding now) for larger sizes, and to do it at a decent price.  Normally, the bigger sizes are marked way up! bear_ermm  I think he might be on to something....might just fill a niche with his idea.  Anyway, despite the progress he has made with this,  Darren is constantly worrying and second guessing himself......left over from losing his job perhaps. bear_sad  It would be great if you all could take a moment to visit his store and then give him some feedback on it.  I think it looks great, and he's selling shirts.......sales were slow at first, but they are gradually increasing and he's got repeat business already.  I am proud of him! bear_thumb  Wouldn't it be great if he can make a decent business from this?  My fingers are crossed, and my prayers are being said.  We would greatly appreciate any extra prayers and good vibes anyone wants to send our way!  So far, we're okay financially, but it is worrisome and things are definitely tight.......Darren needs to have a viable income of some sort before too many more months go by. :pray:   

Here's the link to his store on eBay: http://stores.ebay.com/cheepteezpleez  Please let us know what you think!

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Dear Tracy,  I visited your husbands store,  It is really good.  I especially like how he customized his home page.  I would like to know how he did that.  Now is he taking advantage of the new 30 day buy it now?  He needs to be driving people to his store,  That is the best way.  My husband and I both have stores, I do think my husband will be able to make it his full time job someday.  Best of luck to your husband. If my husband or I can help in any way answering questions please feel free to have him message me.  We are both powersellers and have kind of learned the ropes.  ebay works for me
Joanne

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

I cannot begin to tell you how excellent this is, hubby is a few xxxl's and he loves these kind of tees

BIKER ONES-I saw the one about "messing with bikers" and jumped for joy, he so struggles to find any

He is now in my fav shops and haven't checked out the hoodies yet

Tell hubs  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb will def be buying

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

I really like the way it's organized. So many of them you have to click through everything to find what you want.

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

:clap:  :clap:  :dance: Great job on the teez store, your husband can be proud, i love the way the site changes and the prices are so reasonable.
Keep up the good work, he will be able to sell quick.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oooooh - I love one of the bear teez, but think I need smaller than he carries.  Could I get a smaller size?  Great site and great shirts!

Iowa
Website

bear_wub  bear_wub Thanks gals!!  The words of encouragement and a job well done did wonders for Darren's frame of mind.  He is way too hard on himself! bear_ermm You guys have given him that little boost of confindence that I think he needed.  Thank you from the bottom on my heart! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Joanne- Darren said he didn't know much about the 30 day buy it now, but he's definitely going to check it out.  He was able to customize his home page just where you manage your ebay store.  I'm not sure how either.....you can email him from his store if you have a question for him about it.  He would be happy to help....and I'll bet he might have some questions for you too! bear_grin Otherwise, I'll remind him that he can feel free to message you as well.....

Sue- Thanks!!  Darren said he just added those biker shirts in the store.  I"m glad you found them!  I passed your message on to Darren, and he was thrilled!! :dance:

Nancy & Pat--Thanks so much!! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Sue Ann- Darren does have a few XL tees available that he ordered before he decided on only 2X and up, and he can also order smaller sizes than that if needed, both in hoodies or tees.  He just got an order of shirts though, so it will be a little while until he orders again.  He has to order a certain amount to get a decent shipping price from the company....this helps keep his prices down on the shirts.  Anyway, if you did want something special, just contact Darren through his store and he'll do his best for you! bear_thumb

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Tracy,

bear_flower

Wonderful tee- shirt site, and a great selection.   I want to wish your husband, the very best with his new business.

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

kezjoy KezjoyKritterz
Gippsland Victoria

wow, hes done a great job..its very professional. Its a very good idea too..everyone is getting bigger but the clothing companies still seems to only make small sizes!!! Later, once hes comfortable with the tees, he could easily add new ranges too such as fabric shopping bags with the transfers, hats....anything he can put a funny onto!!..i wish him sucess
Kerrilyn

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL - such funny T-s!!!

Tracy and Darren!!!!!!  Grand IDEAS!!

I started to hit a few BIN buttons and then decided to come back and leave a comment first before placing an order.
I have a question about sizes that aren't shown in BIN, which I'll email or PM - GREAT NICHE-FILLER!

I wish you'd been there when I needed those sizes above 2X, but I'll still get some new ones for workout.

Such good pricing, too - I hope it all goes well!!!

Bear hggzzz - B

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb
store looks great!

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
I love the funny shirts!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Great idea and good job!
:hug:
Kathy

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Best of luck to Darren ! His shop looks easy to navigate and very professional.  I think he has found a great niche with some terrific designs too !  Good for him for using the "when one door closes, another door opens " attitude and trying something new -BRAVO ! bear_thumb

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Cool site. its huge!  All the best to your hubby bear_thumb  bear_thumb I hope it does really well. bear_thumb

Iowa
Website

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub Thanks so much everyone!!  I'm really enjoying sharing your posts with Darren.....he's perking right up about everything, and it's wonderful! :dance: I am so proud of him......and with all this awesome feedback, maybe now he'll stop being so hard on himself.  Thanks so much all of you......it means the world to both of us!  I did not post this thread with the intention of making sales, but I want to thank those of you interested in Darren's shirts as well.  Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart!! :hug:  :hug:   This more than anything is 'the proof in the pudding'! bear_thumb  And the great tips and ideas as well.........thank you!!!  We'll make note of all of them for future use! bear_thumb

Board footer