Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Looking at the show pictures posted, I am wondering do artists look like their creations.??

Often one is sent emails with the owner and dog looking alike and some can be remarkable.

Lynette

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

I am not sure if I look like my dog but I think she influences the look of my bears...

Manuela Furry Critters
Website

bear_cry  I hope I do not look like my dogs  bear_cry  I have Basset Hounds  bear_grin

hugs
Manuela

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_rolleyes I do think some artists look like their bears but not sure if I look like my bears - I think I do in a small way  bear_wacko  Oh yes, there are plenty of people who look like their dogs and having been in the dog showing world I became pretty good at telling the type of breed a person would have, great fun! I've had quite a few different breeds but don't think I looked like any of them - though I think I could have passed as one of my Old English when I had the Afro hair style  bear_grin
The two breeds I have now? I don' think so!!  bear_wacko  bear_grin

Hugs Lyn  bear_flower

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Yep, big fat and cuddly.

: :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: 

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Gosh, I hope I don't look too much like my bears.  I always like my bears to look really old and worn out!!!!!!

Densteds Densteds
Website
BootButtonBears wrote:

Gosh, I hope I don't look too much like my bears.  I always like my bears to look really old and worn out!!!!!!

OMG Christine, I think I look like your bears  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

PaulaPrimrosesmall2.jpg

Er ... not sure - you tell me!

kellydean k e l l y d e a n & c o m p a n y
Narrowsburg, New York
Website

Paula, you always look as happy as your bears  :dance:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Yes I most definitely look like my cute wee Puddles. Similar bill, similar cuteness, similar size :crackup: I wish!!! :crackup:

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

Oh yes Lynette  bear_happy  I have definitely noticed this in the past (although it's so subtle you can sometimes barely put your finger on it )
I think it's because people are subconsciously re-creating the face proportions / features which they are most familiar with ie. those they see
in the mirror every day of their lives  bear_smile For those that think it's nuts ; choose a long past thread and run the cursor up and down over the
avatar (and under) photos  bear_original
Plus ; I've noticed that some artists are more likely re-creating their dog's looks in a subtle way (if you know what they own ) - probably some cats too !
Perhaps that's one reason why we all have such wonderfully diverse styles ?  :lol:

Mini Hugs , Ruth

:hug:

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Hmmm. Most of my bears are BOYS! And I think they look like boys, but I don't think I do. Although, I agree with what Kelly said about Paula and her bears and I think my bears are happy like me too.
I have been told that my doll sculpts look like me. Beth Savino of the Toy Store in Toledo even said she saw me in my Teddy Roosevelt sculpt! "Something in the mouth and chin," she said. I thought, "Yes, I see it --we both have a mouth and chin!" bear_laugh

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

I have been changing my bears, must mean that I have a split personality- must explain a few things.
Paula, I could easily tie you up with your bear. You both have the same friendly smile and both  sparkle.

Maybe we should have some more pictures up and let the rest judge.
Dogs and artist
Bears and artist ???????

Narrowsburg, New York
Website
fredbear wrote:

Paula, I could easily tie you up with your bear.

I wanna watch!!!  :dance:  :crackup:  :dance:  :crackup:  :dance:  :crackup:  :dance:  :crackup:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

My bears have huge eyes which I've always coveted.  Unlike them, I have little, teensy-weensy bat eyes; tiny little dot eyes, and blonde eyebrows and eyelashes.  God bless mascara!  I think my bears have the innocent, child-like wide eyes I wish I had.

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Hmm, KElly Dean.......
Your joke about tying up; makes me wonder what you do with your bears bear_whistle  And, yes, I do think you look like your formally dressed bears. You are a dapper dresser  bear_thumb
Karen
P.S. Are you as thin as your photo?

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Oh, this topic is too funny!
My bears look like they're on Mars, so I guess I look like them ..or they look like me.  :crackup:

It feels good to laugh.

Had to edit for spelling.  And I didn't even use big words! bear_wacko

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:crackup:   Yep, I began to notice my bears and my own proportions were beginning to look a little too chubby  bear_rolleyes  bear_laugh   

And I can certainly see the influence in some artists' bears with the dogs they own  bear_thumb

Narrowsburg, New York
Website
KJ Lyons wrote:

Hmm, KElly Dean.......
Your joke about tying up; makes me wonder what you do with your bears bear_whistle  And, yes, I do think you look like your formally dressed bears. You are a dapper dresser  bear_thumb
Karen
P.S. Are you as thin as your photo?

aww. . . shucks. . . caught me!   :redface:  :redface:  :redface:

I've been told many times that my bears looked like me, and my mole island bears with their wide furry snouts were often compared to my mustache - and to my cocker spaniel buddy.  these days I'm doing bears with long, thin snouts, I'm thinner and I've got beagles, so go figure. . .

erp. . . how thin is that?  not too, I hope. . .but yeah,  those are current photos.  it's those 2 beagles and those 2 hour-long walks we go for every day - at ramming speed!  :crackup:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh - I don't really know.  My dogs, bears, and I do have one thing in common . . . bangs (or fringe).  That's one 'trait' that I gave my bears from the beginning and haven't changed in 11 - 12 years.  So all my furry friends and I go around with hair in our eyes.

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Ummmmmm, I've always had mongrel companions with BIG noses  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh Does that say something about me then? I would say that Ralphie has been a big influence on my bears, they definitely have a look of him about them! bear_wub  bear_wubIMG_1906.JPG

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Just reading through these and  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin tying Paula up with her bear. This is called the "package deal" you not only get the bear you get the artist as well. :crackup:  :crackup:  ( no funny comments here)

Laura spelling, had to write out comments yesterday by hand and was rather lost without having a spell check in my head.

Lynette

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hey, Lynette... Just noticed your new photo, under your avatar.  What a wonderful, bright smile; you're more lovely than ever!!  bear_flower

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Ha!  I don't think my bears look like me at all.  They do encompass what I like though...shabby vintage.  Hmmmm.  Maybe I look shabby vintage.  Come to think of it....... heehee

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Studio44 Studio 44
UK

My bears look like my cat! 

:dance:

Dorothy

Board footer