Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

tinybear The SleepingElf
UK

I made her a couple of weeks ago , but the light has been so bad for photos ,I havent been able to share her
I am so happy with her , she reflects my "Angels" character so well  :love:
Angel is my own Lop , I have 4 , but Angel was thrown out of the run when she was born , I found her and put her back with Mom , but she was always the runt of the littler and for some reason my other rabbits have never allowed her to mix with them , so I have to keep her in a run on her own
but she is lovely , ever so timmid and gentle , so when this one just came to life as I was sculpting her , she was Angel
agel001.jpg

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Carrie :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Beautiful!!!  What a darling expression, and I LOVE the teeth!!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Great, Carrie!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Carrie

Oh how wonderful she is----love her teeth....that an expression!!!
WOW  :dance: :dance: :dance:  She is terrific!!!

Thank you for sharing her picture-

Everyones art here just stuns mer!

:hug:

bear_tongue

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hiya Carrie,
What a great bunny, I love her. As usual you have made one heck of a great job with her. I love your work you clever lady...got any teddy or bunny making brain cells to sell?

Jane  bear_original bear_original bear_original bear_original bear_original bear_original

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

OOOOHHHH!!!! how wonderfully different. Love the facial detailing!!! bear_thumb

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Just marvellous ! I love her expression !  bear_original

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Fantastic work Carrie, thanks for sharing your rabbit with us.  :clap:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

you have good sculpting abilities, I love the teeth!!! :lol:

Heather

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original :clap: Carrie, what a sweet and wonderfully rabbitty rabbit!  :love:

I love lops. We have two sweet bunnies running all over the house right now (Toby and Lily), but my little brown mini-lop, Peter, died several years ago after an abcess developed in his jaw. Since the lower jaw and teeth are one continuous piece, there was little that could be done, but we did it, and finally had to put him down. He was ten, which I'm told is a good lifespan for a bunny!

Eileen

Deb Upstate New York

Wonderful, unique! :clap:

tinybear The SleepingElf
UK
Eileen wrote:

bear_original :clap: Carrie, what a sweet and wonderfully rabbit rabbit!  :love:

I love lops. We have two sweet bunnies running all over the house right now (Toby and Lily), but my little brown mini-lop, Peter, died several years ago after an abscess developed in his jaw. Since the lower jaw and teeth are one continuous piece, there was little that could be done, but we did it, and finally had to put him down. He was ten, which I'm told is a good lifespan for a bunny!

Eileen

Oh Eileen  :(
that's happening right now to Hazel my big doe
I was hoping she would get better ...but she acts OK but he poor face,  looks dreadful ...it looks as though I am prolonging the inevitable  :/

my Old English Bunny lived untill he was 7  bear_original

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad  Carrie,

I'm really sorry to say that I don't think there's much to be done, unless the vet thinks Hazel is young enough to heal after surgery.

Peter seemed to be having trouble eating, and we noticed a growth around his jaw. In this case, the vet anesthetized him and cleaned out as much of the infection as she could, then put him on pain pills and antibiotics. My job was to keep the wound clean and dry, so we bathed it several times a day with Epsom salts. He couldn't eat anything but soft food, but seemed to be doing alright for a while, feeling better, eating, and more active.

One morning I found him just just sitting there, obviously miserable, so we took him back to the vet, and she told us that the wound was not responding, and that the infection was back. We had him put to sleep. At 10 years, I think he had too much trouble healing. Maybe a younger bunny might bounce back, but there's always the chance that the infection is too deep to be emliminated completely.

I hope Hazel makes it!!  :hug:

Eileen

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

What a face!!! She is adorable!!! I love your little bunny bear_wub

Board footer