Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Gemma82 Wakefield
Website

Hi all, I was just wondering if any of you have asked Santa for a bear this Christmas?  I already know that I'm getting three: a Charlie Bear, an artist bear and a little scruffy bear that I can't remember the make of...  plus another cuddly Elliot elephant.  Yep I'm a lucky girl and can't wait for Christmas!!  I'm trying to hold off putting the tree up until the second week in December because I now have three cats (I adopted another :rolleyes:) and one foster kitten so I know it's going to stress me out trying to keep it in one piece, I'm a perfectionist when it comes to trimming the tree and it broke my heart when my Jupey climbed it last year! bear_sad

So who knows what they're getting for Christmas and who is hoping for a bear or something else that's just as special?

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Well, I spent way too much money on bears in October  bear_whistle  so no bears on the list.  However, I think I FINALLY convinced my hubby that all I want for Christmas is for him to build me a bookcase for my bears  bear_wub

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh yes! Garnet bought me the sweetest and most wonderful bear from our own Joanne from Desert Mountain Bears. His name is Dewey and I know that you all saw him on the bears and friends section several weeks back.

I love him to pieces and he has a very special place in my heart. Garnet thought he was so wonderful that he gave him to me the moment he took him out of the box to inspect him. Even Garnet could not wait for Christmas!

Hugs Louise

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub My wish is a bear from Paula of All  Bear, but of course I treated myself to some bears that are on ebay from the Naples Bear Museum, Mostly Hermann bears but nice just the same, right now I am bidding on some Steiff ones, Bears, bears and more bears, thats me, my kids think I am nuts! Oh thinking of nuts, I love squirrels too!!LOL

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

I'm hopefully going to get a Christmas swap bear from a Teddy Talker for Christmas- that'll be enough for me!  bear_wub

K Pawz Guest

I treated myself to a Jo Nevill porcelain faced bear, can't wait to see him, and a Kelly Dean Duckling that I found on eBay for a steal (can't wait to see this guy too)!!! I may not be able to wait until Christmas though, maybe once they get here the empty packages will go under the tree!!!

hugs,
Krista

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

I received a present to myself for Christmas, this morning ... my wonderul Annie from Marlys (Waggle Bears)!

She's beautifully made and sitting on my studio table ready to welcome my students in the morning. I can tell you now, there will be lots of ooohhhs and aaahhhs going around the table tomorrow!  bear_wub

Thank you Marlys!!! You made my day!!!  bear_thumb

Nimbly Bears Nimbly Bears
The Great Bear Rainforest
Website

Me mum recieved Burney, a raccoon by Susan Arnot of Under the Apple Tree, for her Birthday this past Saturday.  She appreciated the beautiful workman ship of this adorable soul.

As well I have one of Roxanne Props bears hanging out in my hug until Christmas, then he'll go to his new home.  But who knows, we've grown so fond of him we may just keep him.  :redface:

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I have a lovely bear called Scamp from Gemma of Pumpkin and Pickle bears for xmas.I can't wait to see him  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
Laurie  :hug:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I received a present to myself for Christmas, this morning ... my wonderul Annie from Marlys (Waggle Bears)!

She's beautifully made and sitting on my studio table ready to welcome my students in the morning. I can tell you now, there will be lots of ooohhhs and aaahhhs going around the table tomorrow!   

Thank you Marlys!!! You made my day!!!

Aw, Sandi, thank you so much! I'm so glad you like Annie. I very much appreciate your kind comments. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Oh Ellen ...  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

My little Christmas present to myself will arrive next week ... I am so chuffed, I saw a gorgeous wee snow bear by Elanor of Shantock Bears and decided that after a year of hard bear crafting I'd earned a special Christmas treat, so dear little 'Blitzy' will be sitting on my mantelpiece this Christmas! :dance:

Kent
Website

Yippeeee!!!!  My Christmas bear arrived this morning!  I couldn't wait until Christmas Eve to open his box, so now I can share a quick snap with you ...

Blitzy.jpg
'Blitzy'

Isn't he cute?!!  He's only five inches tall and I absolutely love each and every one of those inches!  In case you are curious, he's made by a lovely UK bear artist called Elanor Andrews trading as 'Shantock Bears'.

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

No bears on my list.  I have a rather odd list this Christmas.  #1 on the list is a NEW TOASTER!  You can all stop laughing now.  I bought this vintage 1950's toaster when I first got married.  It is so cute, almost electrocuted me once, had it's cord replaced, etc.  I still love this old toaster!  But, it is getting rather finicky and thin bread folds up in there and gets caught.  So, I asked for a 4 slot toaster.  And, I also need some new kitchen utensils and a mandoline.  There's a fairy flying around with a lot of spatulas and wooden spoons.  .  You see, when I'm not making bears, I'm cooking.  I like to have nice tools in my kitchen! 

Hugs,
Alison

Nimbly Bears Nimbly Bears
The Great Bear Rainforest
Website

Wow Paula, I'm in agreement, all five inches of your special bear are lovely, I'd be chuffed too!  bear_wub

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Darling little bear, Paula.

wigglesbears Wigglesbears

No bears for me either just asked for bear making bits and bobs!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

I don 't even have a list this year - can't think of anything I really want other than a Christmas that's not as hectic, and I can't see that happening.

hugs,

Brenda

Kent
Website

Lovely to hear you like Blitzy too!  :dance:  I think one of the things that falls by the wayside all too often when we start bearmaking is bear collecting and I have missed it!  This is only the second bear I have purchased this year and I'd love to be able to purchase a few more special bears in future.

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

My Christmas list consists of many bear..
parts!!! :dance:  From mohair to disc joints to glass eyes.  And an Ott Lite!
I've been a fairly good girl this year, so maybe Santa will bring at least a few of the items on my ever growing list.  bear_rolleyes

Peace on Earth is first on my list.   But that's a tall order, especially the way things look at present.    Still  ..wouldn't it be wonderful!  bear_flower

Board footer