Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Hi All,

I just updated my blog with www.thecutestblogontheblock.com the site that was being discussed in the other string. Take a look a if you like.  I just posted pictures from our Thanksgiving. We had 2 turkeys... one 16 lbs & one 36.5 lbs. What a difference! My only regret is that I did not take a picture of the big turkey when it was filling up my oven!

My blog is: www.mutztoots.blogspot.com

Thanks for looking!
Amy

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Thats one hell of a turkey Amy.  bear_shocked  bear_thumb

SillySu Susie's Bears
California
Website

Wow...that's the biggest turkey I've ever seen!!  Our little nine pound turkey would look like a Cornish game hen next to that thing!  We went to friends for the holiday and made our own small one (we NEED the leftovers) on Saturday...  Hope you all had a great holiday!  Bear and bunny hugs to you all!  Susie

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

We have raised turkeys and generally try to get them to about 20 - 25 lbs. I do remember several years ago though when we had a couple of turkeys weigh in at over 45 lbs! Had to cut them in half to be able to cook them - I donated one to the food bank...probably enough turkey to feed the town!

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

OMG!! That's a monster turkey!! bear_grin  And you were able to fit it in your oven?

Not that we would ever dream of eating him, but our pet turkey, Jive, weighs around 50 pounds.  No surprise to us he is so heavy though......he's a pig in a turkey suit and eats everything in sight! bear_tongue  bear_grin

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Yes it was one heck of a turkey. When we went to pick it up there was a little boy there who only weighed 4 lbs. more! 

It took me until Wednesday but I have finished making the 6 gallons of turkey stock, shepherds pies, & freezing the leftover turkey.  We always make the most of all the leftovers. All of the serving dishes pots, pans etc are cleaned but I still have silverware to put away, and a few serving dishes & pans to re-store in basement and another year's feast will be completely done.

TTFN
Amy

Board footer