Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

3128301790_392cce11b4.jpg

3128300854_51ec946644.jpg

3128300000_2b073ca522.jpg

Normally I wouldn't "toot" my own horn but I really didn't know how many of you would be inspired to pick up a copy of "Stuffed:  A Gathering of Softies."  It's a new publication put out by Stampington and Co. the same people who publish "Art Doll Quarterly."  I was really flattered that I was asked to participate in the inaugural issue and even more taken aback when they decided to do an article on me and my softies.  Anyway, if you see it on the newstand or at your local bookstore, pick up a copy because not only am I in there but there are literally HUNDREDS of other creations in there all adding up to one big heaping helping of INSPIRATION!

Holly Jolly Hugs!

Edited to add: Oh, and if you want to try your hand at making some of my kooky characters, patterns for a majority of the softies featured in this article are on my blog, http://qdpatooties.blogspot.com, for FREE!  Enjoy!  OH, and if you do make something from one of my patterns, please send me a pic!

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Lisa, bear_flower

Congratulations on being in the magazine!!  I know just how thrilled you must be!!  Well done!

Hugs

Marilyn  bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Bravo, Lisa . . . how fantastic!  Your patooties are terrific!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

First off.....Lisa, your creations are NOT weird!!  They're fabulous and imaginative.  I'm so pleased to see that someone with your creativity and talent is featured in such a top shelf magazine.  Bravo to you!!!  I'm absolutely delighted for you and will definitely be picking up a copy......as soon as I can get off this snow covered mountain/very large hill.

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Coooool! Congrats as well. I will for sure pick up a copy if I can find it!

Hugs!
Melanie

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

bear_original  :clap: Congratulations on being happily published!   :clap:  :clap:

Cheshire Cat Wilmslow Cheshire

Hi Lisa ,
is there a web site where I can order a copy of this ,I would like to see it bear_original
Louise x

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb
How exciting! I'll have to look for a copy too... I'd LOVE to see the whole mag! :dance:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

What a great honor, Lisa. I didn't even know there was such a magazine and we were at the bookstore yesterday. I'll be sure to look for it. Your little creations are just great and you are so talented. Everything you make is very creative. Give yourself a big pat on the back.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Louise, check out  http://www.stampington.com/html/main_magazines.html  and scroll down toward the bottom of the page.  They publish a BUNCH of magazines, all of which are very high quality.

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Lisa,

I agree with Aleta your creations aren't WEIRD they are very imaginative. Congrats on being published in this new mag. I will be sure to look for a copy of it.

Hugs,

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! It is wonderful that you were asked to be a part of this magazine. You deserve it, as your creations are fantastic!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Beth

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Hi Lisa, Congratulations on your magazine article.  It is wonderful recognition for your work.  I love your creations.  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

NO!  Don't TOOT on Lisa's cute creations!  That's icky!  lol...

Lisa, you're covered in awesomesauce.  I'm so tickled for you that you're being featured so prominently in what looks to be another great Stampington publication.  You rock star, you. 

Huge congratulations!!!

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Congratulations Lisa
great creations
Just got my copy today.
Can´t wait to enjoy this new mag.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Lisa,
      Whooo Hoooo!  CONGRATULATIONS!  What a well deserved honour to be in the premier issue of one of Stampington fabulous magazines. I spend a small fortune every month on their wonderful magazines.  I'll be looking for this one during my next foray to the book store.  The article looks amazing.

hugs,

Brenda

Angela Angela's Bear Garden
St. Catharines, Ontario

Congratulations!! You must be thrilled!! :clap:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Thats fantastic and what a magnificent spread as well!!! CONGRATULATIONS your one inspiring creater :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Thanks everyone! I think the magazine is set to be on newstands (like Borders, my Michaels Craft Store carries them) in January.  It's going to be published twice a year right now.  If you do pick it up, you'll be overwhelmed really by all of the creations in it and I think there's even a pattern or two.  It's nice and thick like their other mags so worth every penny and I swear the paper they print it on is the best!!!

Enjoy and thanks so much for all the kind words.

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Lisa...I love your creations!  bear_wub ...well done the mag looks fab  bear_thumb ....I hope I can get a copy here in the UK  bear_rolleyes
Lynne  :hug:

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

:clap:  :clap: Awesome Lisa!  :clap:  :clap:

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Bravo! Such wonderful creations Lisa. Many many congratulations!!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

For those of us in the UK, you can get the magazine online from Rainbow Silks (I think it's the right one). Way cooooool. bear_cool 

http://www.rainbowsilks.co.uk/ProductDe … &Code=BKGS

Regards

Lisa

puca bears puca bears

Oh :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  - well done, Lisa - your little critters are SO lovely
big huggies
Maria

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

Congratulations to you Lisa - what funny little creations - love them too - have a merry christmas to you

Love from Austria - Love from my Dreli-Bears-Studio

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Thanks everyone.  I think a heaping dose of children's programming (a.k.a. CARTOONS) on a daily basis have inspired my characters. LOL!  Some of them are pretty good nowadays!

Board footer