Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

Hi Everyone

I wasn't sure about this until New Years Eve.........but I can now announce that the requirments for the postal of the bears has been dropped from our competition.

We were going to take the nominees on "tour" with the Stitches and Craft shows which would have been great publicity fo the bear industry and one of the reasons I wanted to do it.........despite knowing that it would have been difficult for our overseas friends.

However some months ago Reed Exhibitions sold the shows to another company .........who won a general craft magazine. We have tried to find laternative methods to keep the "tour" idea alive but basically we are either too late in negotiations with other craft shows or the options do not offer the wide audience that I wanted to reach and therefore to me are not worth the lost opportunity of have some of the entries from overseas.

So I now hoppe that coupled with our extended deadline of 1 February some of our overseas friends will consider entering.

Entry forms can be downloaded at  http://www.woodlandspublishing.com.au/abc/comps.html

bearhugs

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I'm sorry to hear your plans went South Sandra, but on the other hand, I'm very happy for we overseas bear artists!  Thank you for this opportunity!

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

Sorry for all my Australian friends as well.............no bears will be requird to be posted in at all.......we need only the lovely photos please.

Fo all of those wishing to enter if for some reason you don't feel that you can post them please PM me and I'll sort something out. We didn't do an email entry this year but will most certainly be doing so next time.

bearhugs

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

If I understand Correctly I only have to send Photos, not the bear in order to enter??? Along with the entry fee and form??

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Yes Kathy that is correct. You do not have to ship in the bear if you are nominated! bear_original

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

That's right the bear is no longer requied at any time now.  We originally only needed the nominated bears to go "on tour" while Poeples Choice Voting was going on but as the shows have a new owner and I couldn't organise an alternative we've axed that idea and now it's like the other competitions and is straight photos only throughout.

I am disappoitned but I think most of the artists are finding to easier to contemplate...... bear_grin  and already more artists are showing interest in entering.

Kent
Website

Aaarrghh!  I don't have the relevant photographs available and all my bears are sold!  No time left to make a new bear either because I'm already committed until end Feb ... how frustrating!  Ah well, if the entry criteria doesn't change, perhaps I'll be able to take part next year.  Good luck to everyone who is putting in an entry! bear_thumb

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

Paula I can positevly tell you that the requirments will not change, the photos and criteria listed this year will be the same next year and I will not be requiring the bear for entry either next year. I will be looking at the closing date given the comments etc so it will either be early February or a bit later.

I hope to also set up email entry for next year but that will be ironed out during the year.

Kent
Website

That's great news Sandra!  I'll have plenty of time to put my thinking cap on and in the meantime, will sit back and enjoy seeing this year's entrants!

Board footer