Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

After seeing the comments on how many people were having a hard time meeting competition deadlines and because I would love more overseas entries for out first time at running an international comeptition we have also extended our deadline to 1st February 2009.

If you have doubts or concerns about entering this comp please PM or email me and I can see what I can do to help.

Entry forms can be found at http://www.woodlandspublishing.com.au/abc/comps.html

Please consider entering - not only will all entries recieve lots of exposure

1. Peoples choice will receive an original portrait, be the logo gor the next year and the trophy.
2. Their will also be an editors choice trophy

All entries will be seen on the internet also.

This comp offers some really great exposure to all entrants not just nominees and winners.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

It's nice to see the contest sponsors listening to their audience and responding!!! We've all got to work together and be willing to make changes to keep the bear world alive and well!
bear_thumb

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

Daphne

It is a two way street, as a magazine editor and ber artists myself I really do try to listen and look at how I can support the industry and artists. In return I hope artists will support us and also try and communicate with us as to what they want to see and read in the magazine.

Since taling over as editor of Bear Creations I have changed a lot in the magazine.......now I just need artists collectors and makers to let me know what I'm getting right and what I'm getting wrong!  bear_grin

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Fabulous News Sandra, that end of year deadline is a tough one. Thanks a million. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :hug:  :hug:

Goodluck with the Awards, we want it to be successful in Australia.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Hi Sandra, I certainly wish everyone much fun and good fortune in your competition and I'm looking forward to seeing it published. bear_thumb

I'm afraid I can't enter because of the requirement to have the competition bear posted ... it costs such a lot of money to send to Australia as I make big bears and I really need my bears to earn their living each time one is made, so I can't afford to send one out into the big wide world for such a long time - that's why I only enter the photographic submission comps these days.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Sandra,
I would love to enter your competition, but just like Paula I can not enter because of the bear having to be away for so long. If you had a competition like the Tobys or Golden Teddies with photographic entries I think you would get many more people enter, such a shame, but a girl needs to earn her bread and butter.

Happy New Year.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

Silly me I just posted another topic without thinking about this one...........see what happens whne you stay up past midnight partying!!!

Basically the oher thread says that the postal requirements have been dropped due to the sale of the shows to a new owner. So our overseas friends no longer have to post in the bear. I really hope this means some of you may now consider entering!!

bearhugs

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Yippee!!!  bear_thumb

Taiwan Angel Love Bear Forever

So do you mean for internation artist just need to send photo and the fee?
If so, I might give a try.

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

All we need are lovely lovely photos and a fee by Feb 1.

Please do give us a go....

Board footer